Looking for opinions: Fulltone Dist. Pro Vs. Boss OS2

DrCreep

• Members

Hey everybody...

So I'm going through my pedals getting ready to gear up to start playing again after a long stint of downtime.

I've been eying the Fulltone Distortion Pro. Thing is, I've got a Boss OS2 Overdrive/Distortion that is in good shape, and doesn't sound too bad for what it is. I'm mainly looking for a good Distortion pedal. I've got a Caitlinbread SCO and a TS9DX (soon to be replaced by a Greedtone) for overdrive. Is it worth the money to snag a DP and ditch the OS2? Does the DP really do that much more or sound any better than the OS2?

Since I don't have the means to do my own side by side comparison, I was hoping I could get some opinions from those of you that have played both. I've got an 80's Fender 'The Twin' and hopefully will have a Fender HRD212 or something similar soon, so I'm looking to have a pedal that would play nicely with both amps.

I'm mainly curious about sound and versatility, but I'll take any input I can about this.

Thanks everyone.

Doc

• Members

Is it a very warm distortion though? The one thing I don't like about the boss is that it can get very shrill or un-organic sounding if that makes any sense...

I was looking at the OCD, but it looked like it might be a one trick sort of thing... not that I'm all that opposed to one trick pedals, but I wouldn't mind having something that's fairly tweakable, maybe able to get some different sounds from it.

The OS2 has a bit of range, but like I said, without some careful tweaking, it can really sound kinda bad.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I do appreciate it. I may just spring for the DP when I get the funds together, but I'm just trying to be more informed before I buy it blind without having tried it out first.

Doc

Archived