Ambient Effects

Jbrazz

• Members

There are a lot of ambient players with HUGE pedalboards and there isn't a damn thing wrong with that but I think that it also isn't necessary a lot of the time. I know not all ambient is minimalist but that's what I like and is kind of my style of playing and what I use is this.

Tuner > (low gain) OD > Muff style fuzz > Tremolo > Delay/Looper

I've tried a ton of other effects and not to say I won't have more on my board in the future but this gets the job done for now.

Hey me too my board is Fuzz Factory > (low gain) OD > Large Beaver > DL4

• Members

+1 on the tremolo. often forgotten effect, but very spacey and ambient. the dd-20 would be an awesome delay, but if you're on a budget, i've been able to get some pretty crazy sounds out of my echo park using the built in mods.

+2 on everything this man says. Except i like the DL-4 way better than the DD-20

• Members

I'm ambience obssessed. I not only own over 10 pedals that do delay and reverb, but they are all in my setup. Different kinds of delays and reverbs though. I use a Holy Grail and Boss RV-5. I have several kinds of delays before and after my reverbs. Boss PS-3, PS-2 and DD20, Line 6 DL4, 2 Dano PB+Js (one before and after my Akai Headrush delay/looper), etc., etc. I like to really over-do delay and reverb with a little modulation (phasing mostly, I have one before and after reverb) and make people feel nauseous. The Holy Grail is good, but if you want long-lasting, thick, reverb, I love my Boss RV-5 to this day.

Archived