Ambient Effects

Jbrazz

• Members

I know its a lot of money and maintenance.

but what would you say to investing in a Roland Space Echo?

not worth it, get a DD-20.

I loved my Space Echo but it is very bulky and alot of work for guitar effects. Great though if you're gonna use it for other stuff.

• Members
Seriously. I've seen and heard bands do a lot with less than what you have. Crank up your amp and reverb, dime the Muff and play with the Whammy and volume control. Toss in a slow phase and delay and you're done.
:thu:

I have way more fun this way. My board only has dirt and delay. I also prefer to use real noisy pickups (jazzmaster and real old gibson p-90s).

• Members

Analog Delay

Tremelo

+1 on the tremolo. often forgotten effect, but very spacey and ambient. the dd-20 would be an awesome delay, but if you're on a budget, i've been able to get some pretty crazy sounds out of my echo park using the built in mods.

• Members

There are a lot of ambient players with HUGE pedalboards and there isn't a damn thing wrong with that but I think that it also isn't necessary a lot of the time. I know not all ambient is minimalist but that's what I like and is kind of my style of playing and what I use is this.

Tuner > (low gain) OD > Muff style fuzz > Tremolo > Delay/Looper

I've tried a ton of other effects and not to say I won't have more on my board in the future but this gets the job done for now.

Archived