ot: Star Wars CCG

gregovertone

• Members

so i was teaching the other day.....and a student was admiring this boba fett poster i have in my room.

he noticed that it said STAR WARS CCG........and was the first to realize the truth about me.

i was a customizable card game player.

mostly middle school.

mostly.

it started with the marvel game.

it moved to magic.

and ended at star wars, which was my personal fav.

well, this kid has challenged me to a game.

if i can find any of my cards....ill play him.

he totally wants to buy more.....but it looks like his only option is ebay. there are like 3 people left who play.

----

i blame these cards for my addictive buy sell trade personality.

----

anyone else a nerd back in the day?

• Members

i had a decent superman collection, and some other random ones.

as a little kid, i was all about the baseball/basketball cards. growing up with the bulls dynasty.....kinda forced on us chicagoans.

i used to be a regular at the magic tourney's......and was pretty successful at the local star wars tourneys too.

i was ranked. in print. :)

i admit it.

• Members

Yep, D&D too, won't sell them either . . . actually if you want to know how D&D nerdy I am I have the complete erotic rules book . . .
:love:

Oh jeebus.

I played the PC D&D games but I think that would get me the nerd version of a wedgie amongst the P&P crowd.

• Members
I was nerdy on computers but not those card games. I guess the nerdiest thing about me in High School was that I read alot!! I always had a book in my hand. Other than that I was a pretty regular kid.

+1 the only picture of me in Junior yearbook is with a D&D book in my hands . . . then senior year I got into pot and the rest as they say, is history . . . :love::wave:

• Members

My first job was at a comic shop. I was paid in comics for the work I did on weekends. My collection was in the thousands by the time I graduated from high school, but I slowly got away from it as music took over my life, starting in about 9th grade. I eventually traded my entire collection for a 90s Squier, a 35w Hohner combo amp, and a Boss MT-2.

My biggest obsession before music was basketball, though. I collected the cards, went to as many Pistons games as I could, and watched every game that was televised in the area. I had complete sets of probably a dozen different seasons from all the major brands (skybox was brand new at the time, and had all those crazy looking hologram cards). When I got out of that phase I decided to hold onto them until I got older. My little brother stole every card of any value from the cases and traded them at card shops for used video games. I didn't find out until about 5 years later when I tried to sell them off and half of each case had gone missing.

He got into MtG, and still plays it to this day. he enters tournaments around the state. It's funny, these tournaments work like poker tournaments, only the purse goes toward new cards, rather than cash, since you can't legally play for money. His entire ambition in life is to smoke pot and sit in smokey rooms full of men with no windows for sometimes 12 hours at a time. Pretty sad, really.

• Members
WTF man . . . WTF . . .
:D
:wave:

I was 17. I thought I was getting a great deal. I had no idea what Squier meant, just saw the Fender logo. Plus the amp was pitched to me as "vintage." The Metal Zone let me play all the Antrax I wanted to. It was a no brainer for me at the time.

• Members

so i was teaching the other day.....and a student was admiring this boba fett poster i have in my room.

he noticed that it said STAR WARS CCG........and was the first to realize the truth about me.

i was a customizable card game player.

mostly middle school.

mostly.

it started with the marvel game.

it moved to magic.

and ended at star wars, which was my personal fav.

well, this kid has challenged me to a game.

if i can find any of my cards....ill play him.

he totally wants to buy more.....but it looks like his only option is ebay. there are like 3 people left who play.

----

i blame these cards for my addictive buy sell trade personality.

----

anyone else a nerd back in the day?

I had a {censored}load of Star Wars CCG stuff but ended up ebaying it because I never had anyone to play against. I didn't buy too heavily- I got a few starter packs- and then a {censored}load of Endor and Death Star. My imperial deck was all star destroyers and scout walkers and my rebel deck was all ewoks and A-wings. It was great. I got Lord Vader, but I didn't get the Emperor and I didn't get Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight :(.

Can't remember what I got with the money, probably guitar stuff. I dunno. I really wish that all the money I spent between Star Wars CCG and Star Wars action figures I had saved up and bought some really sweet gear with though.

Archived