Michael Angelo Batio gets custom OD pedal

dangerous dan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We've all seen Michael Angelo Batio on google

Met him in person at a local music store putting on a clinic :)

Funny thing was someone asked him if he sold his soul to the devil to be able to play like that, answer: yes...smiling.

Oh and he had that double axe

• Members

I know nothing about this guy. But before I opened the thread I just knew, based on his name, he would look like an aged 80's cheesemetal reject. Glad to know stereotypes are as accurate as they always have been.
:wave:

Don't google / youtube his name then, you laugh so much you'll shit your colon.

• Members

Micheal Angelo Batio has, in my opinion, kind of a mediocre tone with a {censored}load of post-processing. I mean, it doesn't really matter that much for shredding since he just wants the bright attack to get through distinctly and lets the delay and reverb give it fullness, but does he really need a pedal? He is an excellent and innovative guitarist (in a fashion), but it just seems silly to have a MA pedal. Same with the Yngwie pedal.

• Members

I know nothing about this guy. But before I opened the thread I just knew, based on his name, he would look like an aged 80's cheesemetal reject. Glad to know stereotypes are as accurate as they always have been.
:wave:

the 'reject' just happens to be the most dexterious, ambigious one of the whole lot.

I mean, sure EVH is better, cooler, nicer, etc, but Master Batio can sweep-pick left AND right-handed, OVER or under fretboard.

Check this clip at 2m20s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5lP0u7EKDo

:freak::wave:

• Members

the 'reject' just happens to be the most dexterious, ambigious one of the whole lot.

I mean, sure EVH is better, cooler, nicer, etc, but Master Batio can sweep-pick left AND right-handed, OVER or under fretboard.

Check this clip at 2m20s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5lP0u7EKDo

:freak::wave:

Michael Angelo Batio is a spectacle (or is it testicle?) guitar player. It is impressive to watch and he has great skills, he just has no business being in a band as his skills do not get along with actual music. Just look at his solos in that song. They do not, even in the slightest, fit anything about that song. That song was a trainwreck on its own, but Michael Angelo's playing came along and pooped all over that trainwreck making said trainwreck even worse.

• Members

Let's look past the fact that michael angelo batio is a washed up shredder from the 80's and really look at what he is blessing the OD using community with. This is an OD pedal with gain, tone, AND volume controls, and a bypass switch of some sort. It's probably pretty awsome.

Archived