Ebay Calculated Shipping Prices are a Rip Off!

• Members

Is it just me or does anyone else seem to keep coming up with a minimum shipping charge for a frickin pedal shipped UPS Ground for $11.53? Wtf? :mad:

The last 2 pedals I bought off the bay came to that very same shipping amount no matter if it was coming from Wisconsin (I'm in Iowa) or from California. And then when the pedals get here - and I look at the shipping labels - and they say $4.45 and $5.65 - I'm thinking this is bull{censored}. :mad:

Bastards :mad:

• Members

If you ever sold anything on ebay, when you give the option for calcualted shipping, they ask the SELLER to input the dimensions and weight, witch in Experience most will inflate the size and weight for the package to get a bit more money out of the deal or to cover ebay fees. and they will describe it as shipping and "handling". also ebay calculates it going thru paypal, if the seller has a UPS account they get it cheaper.

it sucks that they can get away with it, but there is really nohting you can do about it besides ask the seller for the actual shipping cost before paying. and see if they will give you a lower price.

Archived