what about noise gate?

bojo

• Members

i run a lot of pedals together and then when recording it occured to me. i have a bad noise coming out....

so any noise gate pedal to suggest?

i've seen ehx, mxr and boss offering some. any toughts comments appreciated.:wave:

• Members

I've owned a couple versions of Rocktron HUSH, an old DOD noise gate, ISP Decimator pedal (which I have for sale :)) and now the rack version of the Decimator.

Hands down the Decimator blows all of the others away. It takes a couple of minutes to dial in correctly but it eliminates EVERYTHING without hurting your sustain or wanted feedback. It doesn't color your tone at all. period.

I can't compare it to the Boss pedals but to me, this was a must have pedal.

'stah

• Members

anyone have anything good to say about the boss nf-1? its what i've got, but i dont really use it because i dont really have a firm grasp on how noise gates work in the first place. i'm pretty sure i could use one though, running 16-17 pedals and all.

• Members

I tried the Hush pedal it added more noise than it took away. Now using two Boss NS-2 after stereo chorus into two H&K switchblades. They seem to work great for me when set correctly without noticeable degradation in tone. It's a Noise gate so it either On or Off. Haven't tried the decimator...though now I want to!

Archived