RPM Challenge - Album in a Month

desertlimosine

• Members

how's everyone progressing? i have three songs recorded/mixed, and a fourth with the basic instrumental tracks recorded & lyrics written.

as a bonus, my wife is going out of town this weekend, so i should be able to get a lot more done.

i'm definitely trying to roll with a stream-of-consciousness mindset about the whole thing, & not be too critical...otherwise i would never get anything finished.

i don't haven't recording anything I can really use at this point....everything thats come to me is regurgitated old material, which kinda defeats the purpose of the challenge. :(

but i have a few ideas that I'm mucking around with....hopefully i can't put something remotely respectable together. :o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

anybody know a decent low tech home mastering method? i may send it off after february to a "real" mastering engineer, but i'm on a deadline here...is there a freeware program i can use just to do basic EQ'ing and level adjustment...and maybe a touch of compression? keep in mind, i'm computer-retarded.

• Members
anybody know a decent low tech home mastering method. i may send it off after february to a "real" mastering engineer, but i'm on a deadline here...is there a freeware program i can use just to do basic EQ'ing and level adjustment...and maybe a touch of compression? keep in mind, i'm computer-retarded.

My friend is doing it all in Cool Edit. Lots of awesome EQ, and Limiting functions. I don't know too much about it, but watching him do it is pretty educational.

What is everyone who is signed up, listed on there as? We can all connect together and keep tabs on updates we do. We are listed as PSR

:wave:

• Members

anybody know a decent low tech home mastering method? i may send it off after february to a "real" mastering engineer, but i'm on a deadline here...is there a freeware program i can use just to do basic EQ'ing and level adjustment...and maybe a touch of compression? keep in mind, i'm computer-retarded.

Audacity perhaps?

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

• Members

also, the program has to work on a MAC...which that free leon one will not...which is a bummer, because it looks perfect for my purposes.

Audacity works with Mac OS. :thu: That's probably your best bet. There are boatloads of free plugins you can use with it for mastering I imagine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We finished our album and sent it off on the 28th. The album is titled "Post Meridiem". We created two songs, one around 54 minutes, and the other a little over 9. We also have it up posted on our webpage:

1. Sleep
2. Eleven Fifty Nine

PostMeridiem.jpg

I think the album turned out pretty nice. It has a real nice nighttime, meditative feel.

Anyone else finish theirs, and have them posted online?

:thu:

Archived