RPM Challenge - Album in a Month

desertlimosine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone know of a free drum machine vst?

You guys doing vocals too?

I think the vocals we'll be doing are more washes of sounds and layers, rather than straight up vocals. But we'll probably have samples of vocals (i record so many conversations/parties at my house.. that it's weird to think about....)

Inscho, hells yeah!

• Members

Me, my friend in PSR, and the Cellist from Pulsar47 set up and recorded our album last night. We had a pretty crazy setup going:

my rig>dl4>stereo out > one straight to mixer/computer, one out to passive mixer

Cello rig>dl4> passive mixer

Circuit bent PSR and Sampler > Passive mixer

Passive Mixer into final pedalboard with another DL4> mixer/computer

Fun stuff. We had it so we could create a master loop, then have our individual loops play on top of it. Really fun and great sounds!

here are some pics:

psr_recording_rpm_2rig.jpg

Both PSR Keyboard setups

psr_recording_rpm_master_loop.jpg

Master Loop Pedal board, and Passive Mixer

psr_recording_rpm_daverig.jpg

My PSR keyboard and pedal setup

psr_recording_rpm_cello_rig.jpg

Cello/mic Pedal board setup

psr_recording_rpm_aaron_rig.jpg

Circuit bent PSR/sampler and master loop setup

I'll post the music when we are done mastering the tracks.

• Members

damn! I'm having trouble getting started...I keep mucking around but I'm not feeling very inspired
:(

Yeah bro, I've been there. I think the thing that helps me the most, is just having everything all set up and ready to record, so that when you are inspired, you can just start recording.

I'm also lucky that my friends here are always up for making music and jamming.

• Members

Yeah bro, I've been there. I think the thing that helps me the most, is just having everything all set up and ready to record, so that when you are inspired, you can just start recording.

I'm also lucky that my friends here are always up for making music and jamming.

yeah I have everything set up and ready to go....I've recorded probably 5 or 6 hours since I signed up....but I haven't come up with anything interesting...

• Members

how's everyone progressing? i have three songs recorded/mixed, and a fourth with the basic instrumental tracks recorded & lyrics written.

as a bonus, my wife is going out of town this weekend, so i should be able to get a lot more done.

i'm definitely trying to roll with a stream-of-consciousness mindset about the whole thing, & not be too critical...otherwise i would never get anything finished.

• Members

how's everyone progressing? i have three songs recorded/mixed, and a fourth with the basic instrumental tracks recorded & lyrics written.

as a bonus, my wife is going out of town this weekend, so i should be able to get a lot more done.

i'm definitely trying to roll with a stream-of-consciousness mindset about the whole thing, & not be too critical...otherwise i would never get anything finished.

Awesome! Sounds like things are coming together for you. Very cool.

The other guy in PSR just finished mastering our album, so next is artwork. We are still listening to what we recorded, and getting ideas for art to match. :thu:

Archived