Selling gear sux when you're broke...

CHOUTMUSIC

• Members

yeah, i used to have like a 20 pedal board, all gone bar a ds1, dd3, psm5, marshall echohead, volume pedal tuner and wah.

its always the interesting stuff you have to sell, because its always worth more.

also just had to put my xbox 360 on the bay, bills are getting bigger every month!

• Members

What's worse is when you sell something at a profit but know that if and when you want to buy it again later you're going to have to up the ante and pay way more just to have the same thing you had before - that you bought for half the price the first time!

Ie ... Space Echo's ... DM-3's ... Certain analogue Synths like SH101's ... :(

• Members

I've done it and allways regretted it later. The worst incident was when I sold my Ibanez Talman to pay some bills. I'll allways miss that guitar:(

A talman is my main. :eek: I'd sell my fender tele before I'd sell the talman. :freak:

• Members

Back in 1996, before I was on the internetz, I had a beautiful Roland TR-909. I was getting bored with it because I thought the sounds were too artificial. I traded it for an E-MU PRO/CUSSION.

If you know what a TR-909 is, you know how big this mistake was... Ten years after, I still kick myself for doing that. Had I looked around on the internet, I would have learned of its real value...

800px-Tr-909.jpg

• Members

yeah, i had too much stuff before, it was a pain in the arse to lug around. when i get some cash at least i have a much more focused idea of what i need. will be able to put together a better board definately. probably a third of the pedals too.

• Members

Hey Klisk. What kind of Talman do you have? Mine was a cherry sunburst with lipsticks. A buddy of mine has a cream one. He used to call us "The Talman Brothers" (groan) Sadly I'm a "Talman Brother" no more.

TC740. It's the H/S/S model that is actually Alder instead of resincast or basswood. It took me forever to hunt this particular model down (at an affordable price.) I saw it tons around the 400-600 range...

Finally scored it for $225-ish. :love:

ibanez_talman.JPG

People tease me about playing an Ibanez, and really, that's fine. This thing beats 1200 dollar guitars I've played. :freak:

• Members

Back in 1996, before I was on the internetz, I had a beautiful Roland TR-909. I was getting bored with it because I thought the sounds were too artificial. I traded it for an E-MU PRO/CUSSION.

If you know what a TR-909 is, you know how big this mistake was... Ten years after, I still kick myself for doing that. Had I looked around on the internet, I would have learned of its real value...

800px-Tr-909.jpg

This is why I don't sell {censored} until I really have to or know I can get what I should for it. Ever since I dumped my NES and all the games on a whim to buy a few SNES games. Stupid.

What you did was REALLY stupid. Sorry. But Karma will come back to you. Maybe you'll find one at a garage sale for $30 someday. :thu:

• Members

TC740. It's the H/S/S model that is actually Alder instead of resincast or basswood. It took me forever to hunt this particular model down (at an affordable price.) I saw it tons around the 400-600 range...

Finally scored it for $225.
:love:

ibanez_talman.JPG

People tease me about playing an Ibanez, and really, that's fine. This thing beats 1200 dollar guitars I've played.
:freak:

God that's sweet. My buddys is the same but with 3 lipsticks. Sweet price.

That's all I got for mine when I sold it. I went back to the store later and they were selling it for $600. Goddamn I'd been had:mad:

Archived