The reason people buy Landgraff

g3rmanium

• Members
I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right.

- John Lennon

Yeah, I guess you can counteract it with some Lennon quotes.
:thu:

I agree with John Lennon. Those guys were enlightened humans. It's the organized religion and the politicizing of religion that gets in the way. IMO.

I tried a friend's Landgraff out once. It was pretty cool. Definitely one of the better tube screamer type pedals. The only thing is, I don't really care for tube screamer type pedals.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree... WAY too much for what it is at the end...

My choice is the Banzai Cold Fusion anyways!

Whats the deal about those Clay Jones Overdrive? There is one that had buy it now $1k on ebay and one still running for around $600-700... Is it a similar story to Langraffs? Or are they really the {censored}?

• 1 year later...
  • Members

6 posts, and 2 of them are bumped old threads about Landy's? Looks like someone is having trouble coming to terms with the fact that they paid a {censored} load of money for a tubescreamer with less than a dollar in modifications and a fancy paintjob.

• Members

6 posts, and 2 of them are bumped old threads about Landy's? Looks like someone is having trouble coming to terms with the fact that they paid a {censored} load of money for a tubescreamer with less than a dollar in modifications and a fancy paintjob.

I just come here looking for deals, like I mentioned in the other post. I got my LDO new from the dealer. Thankfully they are going for $525 on eBay, so I'm not really concerned about the 30+% profit ready and waiting if I change my mind. What's your personal experience with the Landgraff? Just not a fan of how it sounded in your rig?

• Members

I'd be impressed if he managed to convert somebody through short Christian slogans on the inside of an insanely expensive pedal.

"Hey, time to change the battery on my overdrive....Jesus is lord eh? Hmmm, perhaps I shall attend church today"

roflmao!

• Members
Someone needs to start speading the word of Satan through their pedals. Jesus might use a Landgraff OD but the Dark Lord uses FUZZ!

I think Landgraff should put this Bible verse in his pedals:

Deut 23:13
...when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee

:cop:

• Members

Hidden religious messages have no business in consumer products. I'm fine with all religions, although I personally believe in none of them, however do not put anything regarding your beliefs inside something you are selling to another unless they specifically request it. Splawn amps contain them as well if I'm not mistaken.

On my last trip to los angeles I was shocked to see that there was a bible verse on the bottom of the cup at the fast food restaurant "in n out".

Splawn does put a bible quote on the chassis of the amp. I have major respect for Scott Splawn for being such a nice guy and having outstanding customer service. I have even met him last year at the Splawn Convention where he was super hospitable and consider him a friend. That said, I do wish he didn't put that on everybodies amp unless they request it. I personally, have many issues with Christianity and want nothing to do with the religion. On the good side, the quote is on the bottom of the chassis and not visible but I would rather it not be there.

• Members

I'm almost 100% positive. Someone posted gut shots of a splawn and I was shocked to see it. Most everybody thought it was no big deal as he too was just "spreading the word" and was "proud to be a christian". That right there turned me off to splawn as by purchasing his products you are condoning his actions of him passing his beliefs onto unsuspecting buyers with no regard for the customer's beliefs.

It is true that he does that but Scott never pushes his beliefs on anyone. Believe me, when I first looked into Splawn I was majorly put off by the "mission statement" on the website. I am glad I let it go because I have ofund the best Marshall amp I have ever heard or played. When I was at the convention last year I spent a lot of time at his shop and hanging around him and he never once mentioned religion or tried to "spread the word." It's just what he believes and I don't knock him for it. Scott is a respectful dude and a good human.

Archived