The reason people buy Landgraff

g3rmanium

• Members

I wouldn't really mind what was on or in the pedal, as long as it wasn't promoting something evil, like Nazism or Racism or something.

If I got a pedal with a Hindu saying in it, I'd be fine with it.

Though I guess if it was one of the more "conversion" oriented sayings, John 3:16 or what ever, I could see how that would be off putting.

On another note, the pedals are really ugly I think, and I would never pay that much for one. But I do know some people with very good tone taste who swear it is an outstanding pedal.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I noticed this a long time ago, pointed it out that it made me uncomfortable, and got the same response. I believe that there is a God and thats about the extent of it. I wouldn't consider myself a religious person though. Any kind of religious message in a product turns me off the same way music with any sort of message pisses me off. I dont listen to music to hear people preach or tell me what they think. I listen for melody and rhythm.

• Members

I wouldn't really mind what was on or in the pedal, as long as it wasn't promoting something evil, like Nazism or Racism or something.

A lot of people feel the same way about homophobia, dominionism and abuse of the poor (read: prosperity doctrine). Sadly, a lot of fringe Christian groups (the ones that seem to get the most media attention) promote ideas that many consider to be just that - "evil". I realize that's not everybody and I don't want to offend those of you who practice Christianity. Just saying that I understand the other POV as well.

• Members

A lot of people feel the same way about homophobia, dominionism and abuse of the poor (read: prosperity doctrine). Sadly, a lot of fringe Christian groups (the ones that seem to get the most media attention) promote ideas that many consider to be just that - "evil". I realize that's not everybody and I don't want to offend those of you who practice Christianity. Just saying that I understand the other POV as well.

I hear you. I understand why people have a problem with that - I do, too.

I don't think those things are very Christian, and some i don't even think are Biblical - distortions and focusing on single lines, often.

Which is one of the reasons I say I wish people would try something besides recruitment drive Christianity. Standing for the social justice portions of the Bible would be a good thing, to clarify those distortions.

And why my sig says what it does.

• Members

it was Gi joes and hotwheels at 10, it's stupidly overpriced od pedals when you're 50

the sad thing is, after you spend that much on an OD you have to pretend that SS dirt boxes don't get totally owned by master volume tube amps

• Members

it was Gi joes and hotwheels at 10, it's stupidly overpriced od pedals when you're 50

the sad thing is, after you spend that much on an OD you have to pretend that SS dirt boxes don't get totally owned by master volume tube amps

+1000

I've heard that claim from Landgraff owners too (well, one of them). Not that I'm sure you can't get some nice sounds, but come on...

• Members

I don't. However, the problem arises when manufactuers place the messages INSIDE the item. That surely is an ethical issue.

Well if he was hiding it then I guess I would feel differently. I think everyone knows before they buy one what is on the inside and if anyone wanted to return it John would take it back.

Archived