so I played an $8,500 guitar last night

bluehuricane

• Members

it had a cool shape, kind of a jaguar/les paul/strat hybrid, a bolt on neck, two seymour duncan pickups (handwound by seymour himself) with coil taps, a flamed maple top and a nice gibsony neck. it was effing beautiful aesthetically, and it played like a beast. it was a prototype from 3d guitars based somewhere in washington. i got to use it for recording last night because the studio tech is the owner of 3d's brother. not a whole lot to talk about, i just felt like bragging.

• Members

Most expensive guitars I ever played were the $25,000 Bozo 40th anniversery archtop pictured here, a one of a kind 12 String that was $20,000, and another archtop that had a treble clef with abalone inlay surround for a sound hole in the lower bout, and his name with abalone surrond for the inlay in the top of the upper bout that he said he was selling for $40,000. :eek: I played the one picured when I first met him, and the other two when I dropped off my LP for repairs.

image014.jpg

He's just an incredibly nice guy too.

I have never in my life played any guitars that could compare in projection, and richness of tone, and playabilty.

His Bell-Western 6 strings dwarf the sound of Gibson Advanced Jumbos and any Martin D series I've ever played.

• Members

That is just a little bit less than what I paid for both my 1956 Gibson ES-175D and 1934 National Style O.

I only pay teh super big bucks for vintage guitars.

i hear ya, i would never buy this, but the studio tech (the builder's brother, remember) said that if my band started playing out a lot more, and promoted our band a lot more, he'd get his brother to give both me and the other guitarist in our band one of those guitars each to advertise for 3d guitars. how kick ass is that? they'd be loaners, we couldn't pawn them off, hurt them, or anything along those lines, but essentially, they'd be ours to play and show off. i can't believe i forgot that part when i wrote the first post in this thread

Archived