Anyone have any Tube Works stuff?

3 Headed Moses

• Members

Well, I have a Dean Markley Overlord and a TubeWorks Blue Tube rackmount. Both have a single 12a in them (up to you to find something you like; me I use 12AT7 in both of them).

Both these effects were designed by BK Butler. I use them in two different signal chains:

Overlord -> Whammy -> Zoom PD-01 (set on clean boost) -> ART Levelar -> Ernie Ball Volume -> Marshall Artist 4203

or

Retroman Beano ->TubeWorks Blue Tube -> Marshall Artist 4203

Both signal chains give me excellent results. The first giving me a more refined distorted lead sound and the latter a rawer sound.

For my money, you can't go wrong with these...

• Members

i played through the Real Tube pedal for years. It sounded great to my ears.

i had the older one with the internal power supply and 2 prong cord.

i didn't necessarily like the on/off button switch, but they changed this to the more standard click switch.

• Members
i played through the Real Tube pedal for years. It sounded great to my ears.

I got the Real Tube last time in US... I kept changing overdrives until I found this one!
The real Tube driver sounds amazing...well recomended... I am lucky enough to have the chance to use it with Bassman modded to pre CBS circuit!
cant really express how good it sounds in here!!!!:thu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a Tube Works Real Overdrive 901. It is very warm, which is rare for a pedal. I used to use a TubeFactor with a compressor before it for some sustain. Now I don't need such a combination anymore. The Real overdrive does all the job and does it very well.

Retubing: I have tried the 12au7 and 12at7 and it only weakened the pedal. So the 12ax7 is still ok.

Transformer humming: To destroy it I just tightened the transformer and put thin metalic plates (like laminas or so) between the rims of the tranny to fix them dead. The rims stopped rattlling so there's not hum any more. I gather they just may not know what a toroidal transformer is. :)

Archived