Pro Jr. Users! What dirt pedals?

trlkvsky

• Members

I just scored a Pro Jr. today and I'm quite happy 'cuz the GAS (as they say) was getting pretty bad. I'd been playing at home without an amp for a little more than two years now. Granted, I was running a Pod 2.0 through a decent pair of speakers, but it's just not the same. So now I need some overdrive, fuzz or distortion, which means I'd like a few recommendations.

Let's start with what you use... But bear in mind I'm on a budget, meaning I have about $100 to spend. Stylistically I'm looking for your average post-punk, indie rock sounds, nothing metal, but a nice bite, good gain and sustain. I mainly play a telecaster and sometimes a Yamaha SA-2000s (semi-hollowbody). Suggestions?

• Members

Hey, I have a Pro Jr and use it quite a bit with a variety of pedals. I have found that the Pro Jr takes really well to pedals and pretty much all my gainers sound good with it. My personal favorite drive though is the ZVex Box of Rock. The Vexter version is $200 though so that might be over your budget.

Oh wait, you have a POD 2.0? If you had an XT I was gonna suggest bypassing the amp/cab models and just using the effects models into the Pro Jr. Actually, heck, plug your 2.0 into the Pro Jr. It can sound pretty good.

I like the Marshall Guv'nor Plus for an under $100 overdrive pedal. It works well with the Pro Jr.

• Members

I have a Blues Jr. & my nextdoor neighbour has a Pro Jr. (she got it two weeks ago)

ANY Good, Tone Bender clone was made for either amp !!!

Also the new EHX Muff Overdrive (light fuzz tone) sounds soooooo sexy through either !

For overdrive i will stick to my fav. od, the Boss BD-2 - for that raunchy, gritty Black Keys type tone !

I do not think you need any 'Dist." pedals if you have a BD-2 & a Muff OD !

Oh, and COGRATS on your new amp !!!

Those Pro Jr.'s ROCK ! Just crank 'em past 2 o'clock . . .

;)

• Members
I have a Blues Jr. & my nextdoor neighbour has a Pro Jr. (she got it two weeks ago)

Also the new EHX Muff Overdrive (light fuzz tone) sounds soooooo sexy through either !

;)

1. I would really appreciate some pictures...of the amps and the neighbor.
2. The Muff Drive was going to be my other suggestion!

Although I'd do the Double Muff (two Muff Drives in one box, sounds very good, almost the same price, and only a little bit bigger).

In my opinion, the Guv'nor2 and the Double Muff would be a very good setup going into a Pro Jr. You can definitely get both of those for under $100. Although, you might try the new version of the E13 AR drive pedal.

• Members

I use an LPB-1 to get natural overdrive, but you have to have an attenuator or tuff ears and no neighbors for that with a Pro Jr...sooo...hmmm....to get a wide range of sounds on the cheap, I'd go with a Bad Monkey or SD-1 plus a Little Big Muff or RAT, depending on which you like. Enjoy it, its a great little amp, if a bit finnicky. :thu:

• Members
That was going to be my suggestion.

1. I would really appreciate some pictures...of the amps and the neighbor.

2. The Muff Drive was going to be my other suggestion!

Although I'd do the Double Muff (two Muff Drives in one box, sounds very good, almost the same price, and only a little bit bigger).

In my opinion, the Guv'nor2 and the Double Muff would be a very good setup going into a Pro Jr. You can definitely get both of those for under $100. Although, you might try the new version of the E13 AR drive pedal.

MY AMP :

...no pic's of both amps together yet.

CandleRat2.jpg

SpiderSD-1ON.jpg

The Two Of Us :

...she is a drummer first, guitarist second !
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g317/bluetone73/Ang-and-me.jpg

Cheers
;)

• Members

I use the Digitech Screamin Blues over the Bad Monkey with the Pro Jr.
...the Bad Monkey sounds better with my Soldano, and the Screamin Blues just don't get it...I don't get it, but thats what I run and it works. I use the Marshall Govner II with the Pro Jr as well, ..oh well:D

• Members
:eek:
careful with those hot tubes and all of your books man.

...and, what's with that Sd-1!!!! looks great, is that Keeley modded??
:confused:

Thanx for the warning ! :thu:

The amp looks a lot closer to those books in the photo. Oh, and the amp got moved some time ago !

The SD-1 is a Spider SD-1 (a one man 'boutique' [?] co. in the UK).
It is a 3-in-1 OD-come-fuzzy-Distorto box !

Top toggel is the Spider mod.
Middlle is the Fulltone Fulldrive mod.
Bottom is the Keeley mod with some Spider fine-tunning to it !

I love this thing, and the Diodes and chips are "socketed" so you can change them with any one of your choice !
And using this thing as a Boost, has a bigger vol. increase than my MXR Micro Amp on "10" !!!

Pure Evil in this Box :evil:

• Members
What is that purple pedal? I like your setup.

Your neighbor is very pretty (How old is that picture?). Did you know her before you were neighbors?

That is a Technophobia RAT !

It is a 4-in-1 RAT (to you anfd me)

The "Model"-knob, is the selector between the diff. Rats.

1) Clean Boost (bloody loud btw !!!)
2) RAT II
3) Turbo Rat
4) Rat II with TS-style OverDrive - kinda like the Keeley Mighty Mouse mod !

The "Clean"-knob is a BLEND-knob, so i can mix the dirt from any of the four settings/channels, with the dry signal !

Nope, i did not know her before they move in next door in 1996 !

She was 20, when this pic got taken !

;)

• Members

yeah it is amazing he didn't post a giant picture of it
:rolleyes:

I think the boss pedals work well with pro jrs.

Nels Cline used an original Marshall Guv'nor.

Yeah my mia pro jr , just came in today .. Sounds pretty sweet .. Better than the first one .. Only took $120 to ship that jammy to the homey crib , threw some jj's in that mug , I'm set ..

I passed up on an original Guv'nor for 60 bucks... :cry:

Archived