Anyone else having problems with DreamtoneFX?

dotlikeimpact

• Members

I always find it hard to believe how any unknown person can say they are making a new pedal and 100 people on this forum will send him money. Don't send money to people you don't know. There are a bunch of scammers out there who will be out to make a few thousand bucks or more quickly by doing this and then disappearing because it's so easy. I know of a few of them, they have been around for years doing the pawn shop thing before the internet, now it's eaiser and the tempation is too tough to resist.

Some initially mean well, they think they can do it, but when you have dozens of orders you learn how hard it is to actually get things done and one by one the orders get messed up until there is no way to catch up, then they disappear.

Good luck, hope this does not turn out so badly.

p.s.

>> Funny thing is most of the reviews on HC reviews for dreamtone were done by Seth...

I caught one of my COMPetitors doing that several years ago, Scott at H-C just looked at the IP address then erased them.

Mike, thanks for posting on this. I know you've got a good rep in this line of work. I had emailed you once about a chip for a PH-1. I was wondering if pedal designers such as yourself were aware of dreamtonefx and what has been happening.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve,

thanks for the note.

Don't shut his website down.
Just make it link to this thread, no other info left up. Just leave the name of his company on the website so google will find it then lead people here.

See how fast people get their money back.

thanks!

• Members
But after he got the cash it turned into saying things like ; You will wait however long you HAVE to wait to get your pedals so quit whining like a baby!!; and stuff like that. I did get the Dirtbox3, but I dont really use it cause it has got some bad memories attatched.
:(

He told me he won't sell anybody a dreamtone pedal if they were impatient. What was this guy on? I bought a Boss pedal from him on eBay, not a dreamtone pedal.

• Members
If you really want your money. Just get a plane ticket. I can tell you thats what I'd do if he had my money, and I don't care if it's just 100 it's the principal. Liar's anger me worse than anything except thieves so this guy sounds like trash to me. I don't even know him but from what you've said I would like to go there myself. Go to the town he is from and find his house. You have the address you sent the money to just mapquest it. When you get there take 100 dollars worth of stuff (I usually take more than the owed amount). Just go into his shop or room where he works and take the stuff he's got. Can you imagine this crook if a couple of you showed up on his doorstep. I bet he's the kind that would be a coward in person. I've dealt with the type. I have had to do this in other situations before (although I have only went out of state for money once... but it was ALOT of it!). As a matter of fact I am going to south Alabama this weekend to collect some money from a guy who has been dicking my grandfather around.

Its going to be awesome when you:

1. Get shot and killed for trespassing/breaking and entering
2. Go to jail for breaking and entering/carrying stolen goods across state lines
3. Get raped in prison.

Keep it up with the tough guy activities ;)

• Members

As much as I would love to do something to get his attention, I also have to be careful to handle this in a professional way.

His way of handling customers has really gotten out of hand. He owes it to his customers for him even being in existence, instead he wants them to bow before him.

I owe it to anyone who has ever called, emailed or bought from me that my business exists.

Steve

The Vintage Sound

steve@thevintagesound.com

• Members

As much as I would love to do something to get his attention, I also have to be careful to handle this in a professional way.

His way of handling customers has really gotten out of hand. He owes it to his customers for him even being in existence, instead he wants them to bow before him.

I owe it to anyone who has ever called, emailed or bought from me that my business exists.

This is the same feeling Seth Mirabella illicits in a lot of us. All of a sudden you're faced with figuring out a way to walk on egg shells with him. He's arrogant and has you over a barrel in that if you anger him, he's going to take everything out on you, while he's holding your money or pedal.

And he angers easily and with no provocation as in his anger for my not sending him the money to a Sumter SC address when he emails you a New York address. He tells you AFTER you send the money that it should have been a SUMTER SC address and he doesn't even say explicitly where in SUMTER it should go.

You would think he would be happy and thankful you sent him money at all. And after 13 months of dealing with you this way, he tells you he "sent you a pedal months ago" after a year of promising he had your pedal and was going to ship it out asap.

You end up realizing you're dealing with someone who does not care how he comes off, does not care what he puts you through, and then he dares you to counter him. Somewhere, somehow, this person needs to be brought to justice.

He has many of us who've dealt with him, his customers and dealers, in a bind, including eBay, the BBB. Harmony Central itself is under his thumb because he gets to post bogus reviews on his products, and HC does not seem to have an answer for this.

• Members
Its going to be awesome when you:

1. Get shot and killed for trespassing/breaking and entering

2. Go to jail for breaking and entering/carrying stolen goods across state lines

3. Get raped in prison.

Keep it up with the tough guy activities
;)

What would be nicer is if we lived in a day and age in which people were man enough to keep their word. Instead you have people like this scamming everyone and theres no justice. I guarantee you that if you went to his house you wouldn't have to take anything. He knows hes in the wrong, and I bet his story would be much different in person. You could see what he had on hand and get your money's worth. I work in a business that deals with alot of crooks so collecting money is nothing new. As far as going to jail... It's this type of person that should go to jail. The crime is taking advantage of somebody by not taking care of your business correctly. Not someone who is owed money simply collecting.

You seem like a real great guy too! Let's see you covered murder, prison, and rape in your reply. Thanks!

• Members

I'll bet he just got too big for his britches.
Let's spread the word so nobody else tries to deal with him.
He seemed like a good guy. I remember contacting him when he said he was gonna make that A/DA clone.

It is one thing to have a hobby, and an entirely different thing to run a business.

• Members

I'll bet he just got too big for his britches.

Let's spread the word so nobody else tries to deal with him.

He seemed like a good guy. I remember contacting him when he said he was gonna make that A/DA clone.

It is one thing to have a hobby, and an entirely different thing to run a business.

A good guy remains a good guy... he does not lie to you and tell you he sent you a pedal after he took your money. My great grandfather lived in the depression era, had his own company. It was hard to make a living but he made sure his employees were paid before he took his share. He didn't lean on those helping him make his products a success.

• Members

I am NOT defending his actions in any way, shape or form.

I just wonder when and where things went wrong for him and his company is all.

According to Analog Mike there are those who plan to take advantage of people without really planning on making a company. Sure it is obvious we all gave him the benefit of the doubt and wanted to believe he was a "good guy". As mentioned, a good guy would not tell you he sent you something after he took your money. At this point I could care less what his problem is. I kept warning him to be careful with his actions. If you owe some body money, you don't insult their intelligence while running away from your obligations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I always find it hard to believe how any unknown person can say they are making a new pedal and 100 people on this forum will send him money.

I think there's a tendency in people to want to claim they've been associated with something new (a new bar, artist, or in this case a pedal) since day one, and so unquestioningly committ to it when every indication suggests they shouldn't. For every Skreddy Mayonnaise there has been 10 hempathys/albino monkeys/Gagans. Though in this situation Dreamtone did have a rather swish looking website, which suggests some seriousness in the venture on the owner's behalf. I was interested in their chorus, but when I emailed Seth was really pushy about other pedals he was working on, what kind of package deals he could arrange and so on, which scared me off. You're always running a risk dealing with a desperate person - it suggests they don't have everything under control. Hempathy behaved similarly, which might suggest some trend of behaviour to watch out for.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Deleted by me..

Don't want to be negative =) I actually like Peelingpaint you cant help but like a guy from iowa that uses the phrase Cheers!

Its so bad ass when british people say it in movies!

UK movies rock

Like Human Traffic, and rolling with the nines! the new one with Danny Dyer "StrightHeads" all great flicks...anyone need movie links email! My sister sends them all the time!

• Members

I think there's a tendency in people to want to claim they've been associated with something new (a new bar, artist, or in this case a pedal) since day one, and so unquestioningly committ to it when every indication suggests they shouldn't. For every Skreddy Mayonnaise there has been 10 hempathys/albino monkeys/Gagans. Though in this situation Dreamtone did have a rather swish looking website, which suggests some seriousness in the venture on the owner's behalf. I was interested in their chorus, but when I emailed Seth was really pushy about other pedals he was working on, what kind of package deals he could arrange and so on, which scared me off. You're always running a risk dealing with a desperate person - it suggests they don't have everything under control. Hempathy behaved similarly, which might suggest some trend of behaviour to watch out for.

I dont know who you are but I was pro excited about my products never pushy...I am in a position that I can give out free gear like I always wanted to because I have a huge company backing me...If you want a free chorus now You can have one of the new designs man!! Don't believe everything you hear there are 2 sides to everything and for every one on this post I had 100 happy customers the one guy was form a boss pedal on ebay that he sent a money order I couldn't cash the 150$ guy..I still sent him his money. See 2 sides to every story he was a boss pedal on ebay and if he would have bid like everyone else he would have got the pedal but instead he tried to get the pedal form me cheaper...he acted very weird and gave some story about helping Philippino kids thats why he needed the pedal sent there fast it was weird and I couldn't cash the check plus the guy that actually bid like he was suppose to was expecting the Boss flanger(rare-er one) what would you have done? when there was less then 12 hours left and I could stop the auction...anyways I never got the 150 but he still got his money sent to him recently too so he would STFU on here and not make people think it was a Dreamtone transaction which it wasn't it had nothing to do with it!!! People that know me and what I have done for the guitar community in my short 30 some odd years on this planet know the real deal...email for a chorus if you want one though for real!

Anyone who has something to say bring it I have the talent and now the funds!!

"The streets will flow with the blood of the disbelievers...." - The Simpsons

;):p

• Members

WHAT A lieing backstabing two face, I have been in contact with you and answered every email..

YOu send me gear in exchange for prototypes then wanted money there are 2 sides to every story ...

I have sold my house car and life for my designs and Dreamtone all for you guitarist. I have designed pedals that YOU USE EVERY DAY, but I cant say because of non disclosure agreements. These represent the 1% that I {censored}ed up on in my rise to where I am now and now I can take care of it no ones perfect but I have always been honest!!

I have had 1,000s of happy customers including famous musicians and movie makers..

-Only company that I know off that made actual HAND MADE POINT TO POINT pedals, now thats BOUTIQUE, you cant rush ART! You dont just {censored} IT OUT

-Of those 1000 customers I had 4 cry baby pricks, 2 people that thought that the world revolved around them, and 3 people plus you Brendan that I actually owed stuff to..and If I could have sold my sole to make you happy I would have..

-I never lost contact with anyone I owed...I sent emails out 2 days ago because I am funded by a HUGE CORPORATION NOW that will be maing DREAMTONE FX PEDALS AND ANTHER NEW NAME AND DREAMTONE AMPS

- I AM THE ONLY COMPANY THAT USED RHINO COATING AND LASER ETCH TECHNOLOGY

- I WILL BE THE OLNY COMPANY TO START ON LESS THE 1,000 AND GIVE AWAY AS MANY FREE PEDLAS AND DESIGNS AS I HAVE..

-I AM THE SOLE AND ONLY REP FOR AMT in the USA so if any company wants to be a dealer they HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME NOW why would I be this if I wasnt to be trusted anyone who really knows me knows how smart i am my designs are and what I have sacrificed for YOU PEOPLE....because of all this and me genius circuits I have gained fame and now fortune so I can pay back these 5 cry baby pricks back so they can shut up and bitch about some one else...I would never say that about a guitarist but what you did was stab me in the back you said one thing in a email to me and then went and posted HER e bull{censored} lies!!

- Most of these effects makers just repackage old effect and vintage gear or by BUILD YOUR OWN CLONES and repaint them

look mom IM A EFFECT BUILDER

EVERYONE THAT I "OWE" even ones I don't thing I do is getting paid back and getting a free pedal from the new company I disclose yet because I signed something saying I would keep the designs/name secret. All except the fag Brandon that backstabber and slanderer in public, in permanent form on the net. Sue me ass hole AND ANYONE ELSE THAT THINKS I AM "pushy" try excited dumbly! I love what I do and I risked my livelyhood for making the guitar community a better place lets see you try that...You that said I was pushy just cause you wanted to chime in and be cool with your "Forum" buddies , well guess WHAT you can have a free chorus!! I have one her for you! please contact me at
or

-Too all the flanger guys, sorry that couldnt happen you 3 that wanted them, I tried my best and I was always in contact with you but some people I invest in with for that project scamed me so it never happened and i coudnt pay you back right awya but I was always in contact with you and I sent you all 3 emails 2-3days ago as soon as I get addresses I will send checks!

So stay tuned for the new Dreamtonefx.com with 3 pedals only in laser etched pro manner, new tube amps, all in stock when you order!!

As well as the cheapest and ONLY place to get American made parts for tube amps and pedals, not one company but dreamtone will be selling these...the Samauri LOOPER,EQ

scam

Archived