Why is EHX so cool?

SpectorDave

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a Deluxe Memory Man, Flanger Hoax, and the HOG. Someone already said it, but what i really like about EHX is that they make effects that no one else does. The power supply can be annoying, but thats a minor thing. I know most people like the holy grail, but what is the general census on the holier grail and holiest grail?

• Members
I have a Deluxe Memory Man, Flanger Hoax, and the HOG. Someone already said it, but what i really like about EHX is that they make effects that no one else does. The power supply can be annoying, but thats a minor thing. I know most people like the holy grail, but what is the general census on the holier grail and holiest grail?

They add too much noise for the price you pay - but that is only what i heard, i never tested two myself !. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I have USA muff, worm, frequency analyzer, and metal muff. I'm gasing for a tube zipper, hoax, and pulsar.

I love that the pedals feel natural even when you're making all kinds of crazy noises. Definately my fav. effects company.

the reason you gasing for pulsar is that you are not happy with tremolo on the worm? just curious.

• Members

I think they just sound more unruly and alive than other mass-produced pedals. Boss/Ibanez pedals tend to sound a bit clinical in comparison which may be good to some people, but I tend to like the character of the EHX boxes and can forgive the huge size, noise issues etc.

I'm thinking of going all EHX. I've got a 70s Hot Tubes and Flanger Hoax, and will get a 70s Clone Theory and 70s Stereo Memory Man (or better yet Echo 600) as it's cheaper and easier for to have them AC powered.

I'd also jump on a 5 knob Deluxe Octave Multiplexer if I found one.

Archived