Why is EHX so cool?

SpectorDave

• Members

A while ago i got myself a small stone and big muff to see what EHX were all about. Know i own the small stone, big muff, mini q tron, holy grail and pulsar. NOW I WANT MORE!!! like the DMM, POG, English Muffin and microsynthesizer.

The holy grail and pulsar are always in my set up and the others duck in and out from time to time.

I went through a phase of thinking they were too big but now i think thats kinda cool!

It feels like i have the beginings of an EHX addiction! :thu:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EHX rocks because they have original stuff. When you get tired of the endless Maxon, and MXR clones, you will find a world of head spinning goodies with EHX!

......And no they don't pay me to say that. :rolleyes:
(I felt the explanation above was needed after I wrote the message up top. Sounds like a danged commercial doesn't it?)

• Members

So what EHX pedals does everyone else have a major GAS for?

Deluxe Big Muff or IC Big Muff

POG or HOG

Frequency Analyser

LPB

I love EHX stuff because it's not limited to normal 'safe' settings decided on by focus groups of middle-aged Yanni fans - they can be flayed to go far beyond the realms of good taste and play louder, faster, and wilder than other effects. I'd say they're the only major builder still somewhat connected to the 60's and 70's and that era's goofy, experimental, druggy vibe in effects.

They're silly big, generally not built very tough, and require dedicated power supplies, but almost half my baord is EHX effects.

• Members

i've used them for a while now, i like the fact that they use different designers who are nuts, and in turn make the efx nuts.
my favs-

tube zipper-most versatile dist/ovd/freq boost/env filter/scifi pedal ever

Pog-beautiful pitches/organ/ovd

Hoax-insane modulation that can be intense, lush, and organic, or insane

Pulsar-the most flexible trem i've heard, goes into ring mod territory

future ehx wants, the vintage time machine ripofff delay pedal, and the hog.

Archived