"Parody Threads"

• Members

Are stupid.

Go ahead, make one to this one.

They just junk up the board, and no one replies to them.

Get a life. You are not a comedian.

Your friend,

Hand Amputation

"your" use of "quotation marks" is wildly "inappropriate". there "was" absolutely no "need" to quote "that" phrase. posing your "opinion" in "the" form of a "letter" was "also" strange ".":)

• Members

Says the 100 post noob in an OT thread . . .

Since there are so many parody threads, it seems like no great loss that someone would go 'off topic' to discuss their dislike for them.

I will also step forward and say that I loathe parody threads.

It seems to me that they are usually based on sophmoric, juvenile humor that is only found to be funny by adolescent boys. It would be one thing if they were actually funny, but they're ...........well, they're just stupid.

I come here to read about guitars, not some lame attempts at humor.

Feel free remark about my low post count as well, but it's likely because I don't start parody threads.

• Members

Since there are so many parody threads, it seems like no great loss that someone would go 'off topic' to discuss their dislike for them.

It seems to me that they are usually based on sophmoric, juvenile humor that is only found to be funny by adolescent boys. It would be one thing if they were actually funny, but they're ...........well, they're just stupid.

Feel free remark about my low post count as well, but it's likely because I don't start parody threads.

No. Post count doesn't matter. Whining because we're not talking about guitars enough for your liking however...I will rag on you for that. Parody threads are stupid. Yes. Some of us find stupid things funny, and enjoy chuckling before they quickly sink down and go away. You can ignore them. Very rarely is the entire forum crammed full of them. If you don't like them, start posting {censored}load of on-topic threads and discuss whatever you like. There is only so much on-topic discussion that can be had before it just gets as stale and old as off-topic junk. How many times can we beat to death the "Analog Delay" or "Tubescreamer like Overdrive" threads?

In short, ignore threads that don't interest you and talk about what you want, quit whining, or head over to the gear page and start sucking off the corksniffers. :thu:

• Members

You're forgiven for stepping into the wrong place, we all make mistakes, let me show you the way.

:wave:

• Members

thanks for your opinion

oldy McMoldy pants!!!!!!:D

• Members

It's funny, when I was seriously trying to make gear decisions I was more of a lurker here, picked the threads that were relevant to read and moved on.

But now that I'm pretty set on my pedalboard and not suffering from GAS too much (plus being broke), I started coming here more for the entertainment value and posting more. This place is haunted by some pretty funny zany cats and besides, face it, guitar players are one crazy lot. I feel at home here! :freak:

I will say that it does take some time hanging out here to be able to sift the sarcasm from the sincere. I love it when people post earnest answers to parody threads unwittingly!

ROCK ON PEOPLE!

kittyMarshall.gif

• Members
It's funny, when I was seriously trying to make gear decisions I was more of a lurker here, picked the threads that were relevant to read and moved on.

But now that I'm pretty set on my pedalboard and not suffering from GAS too much (plus being broke), I started coming here more for the entertainment value and posting more. This place is haunted by some pretty funny zany cats and besides, face it, guitar players are one crazy lot. I feel at home here!
:freak:

I will say that it does take some time hanging out here to be able to sift the sarcasm from the sincere. I love it when people post earnest answers to parody threads unwittingly!

ROCK ON PEOPLE!

kittyMarshall.gif

Dude, Rock Kitty f'n Rules! :thu:

Archived