Building a good silicon fuzz face

mike.sartori

• Members

Ok, I'm puting a fuzz face circuit inside my strat, and I think I'm going with silicon instead of germanium for reliability/cost/ease of finding parts. However, even though finding silicon transistors in not so hard, there are so many that people use for fuzz-faces! I think I want lo-gain, (relatively) so If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really apreciate it!

• Members

Ok, I'm puting a fuzz face circuit inside my strat, and I think I'm going with silicon instead of germanium for reliability/cost/ease of finding parts. However, even though finding silicon transistors in not so hard, there are so many that people use for fuzz-faces! I think I want lo-gain, (relatively) so If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really apreciate it!

With BC108 and BC109 transistors, they are available in specified gain ranges. The lowest gains are A, mediums are B, and highest are C.

Buy a couple BC108Bs and a couple of BC109Cs and mix'n'match, experiment.

Good luck! Also check in at http://diystompboxes.com/ for more info (and use the search function there, as there is a treasure trove of data already in the archives).

Archived