Animals is the best album of the 70's...

wacopacco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Animals is no doubt an incredible album. While I'd argue that various Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Who and even other Pink Floyd albums could compete with it for the best actual album of the 70s, Animals is absolute musical perfection.

If you listen to the guitar solo in "Dogs", you can almost imagine yourself soaring across an open sky with David Gilmour's notes.

Listening to Pink Floyd is like dropping acid without actually dropping acid.

• Members

Animals is no doubt an incredible album. While I'd argue that various Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Who and even other Pink Floyd albums could compete with it for the best actual album of the 70s, Animals is absolute musical perfection.

If you listen to the guitar solo in "Dogs", you can almost imagine yourself soaring across an open sky with David Gilmour's notes.

Listening to Pink Floyd is like dropping acid without actually dropping acid.

It's even better when you're dropping acid.

• Members

I will state my love for Animals in this way: it has the highest awesomeness to commercial-success ratio of any Pink Floyd album.

didn't Animals bomb? The tour was in smaller places i think. I dont remember. You never hear any of the stuff on the radio, but what radio station will play a 15 minute song anyway.

• Members

didn't Animals bomb? The tour was in smaller places i think. I dont remember. You never hear any of the stuff on the radio, but what radio station will play a 15 minute song anyway.

I think that was the point of his statement. Lots of awesomeness...not lots of credit/exposure.

Archived