Animals is the best album of the 70's...

wacopacco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Side 2 features one of the best 1-2 punches of any record I can think of. Pigs + Sheep = Awesomeness.
:eek:

Dogs-Pigs-Sheep are my favorite 1-2-3 combo. Sheep kills. Pigs has some great guitar on it too. And the solos in Dogs are killer. If this album was a girl, i'd take it out and show it a real good time.:love:

• Members

Given the choice, I'd probably prefer Wish You Were Here, but I certainly can't tell you you're wrong. I am stun'd by the number of people on this forum who don't own it.

for me, those 3 albums, DSOTM, WYWH, and Animals are ESSENTIAL to my guitar playing. Those 3 albums are the main source of inspiration for me.

• Members
for me, those 3 albums, DSOTM, WYWH, and Animals are ESSENTIAL to my guitar playing. Those 3 albums are the main source of inspiration for me.

So you like those 3 albums? Those 3 albums are among my all-time favorites as well. Do you know that in just 5 sentences, we've managed to use the phrase "those 3 albums" 5 times? I may go listen to those 3 albums on my way to pick up that boogie amp tonight. I wonder what they seller thinks of those 3 albums? I bet he owns those 3 albums, and I'm willing to bet those 3 albums are among his favorites as well! Let's hear it for those 3 albums!!!!!

• Members
i'd take Animals over fuel anyday
:thu:

nice

DSOTM was one of the first albums i really went wow to...
and is still one of the best albums ive heard definately a top 3

wish you were here is amazing, but mostly because of shine on you crazy diamond. which is awesome.

whenever i go to buy a floyd album i get confused as to which is which and generally walk out with nothing...
obscured by clouds and A Saucerful of Secrets always confuse me..

i guess i should just buy the lot :rolleyes:

• Members

So you like those 3 albums? Those 3 albums are among my all-time favorites as well. Do you know that in just 5 sentences, we've managed to use the phrase "those 3 albums" 5 times? I may go listen to those 3 albums on my way to pick up that boogie amp tonight. I wonder what they seller thinks of those 3 albums? I bet he owns those 3 albums, and I'm willing to bet those 3 albums are among his favorites as well! Let's hear it for those 3 albums!!!!!

i'll take "those 3 albums" over the wall personally. The Wall was Roger Waters' baby. It had it's shining moments of course, but "those 3 albums' are perfection for me. Pink Floyd as a whole for "those 3 albums" were at there peak imo.

• Members

whenever i go to buy a floyd album i get confused as to which is which and generally walk out with nothing...

obscured by clouds and A Saucerful of Secrets always confuse me..

i guess i should just buy the lot
:rolleyes:

HAH thats how i feel too. I'm just going to buy all of them eventually. But i have The Wall Live cd with the dead masks on it, and i like it better than the regular Wall. I'm not really interested in the latter Floyd albums. I have pulse, and the newer stuff on that kinda bores me. I like funly 70's floyd. But i need to get into the 60's psych floyd too.

• Members

Hmmmm, not even close.

Lets consider what else is out there:

Miles Davis -- On the Corner or any of his 70s coolness
Funkadelic -- Maggot Brain. Eddie Hazel kills anything bluesy Gilmour ever did with a single track.
Television -- Marquee Moon
Can -- Tago Mago or Future days
David Bowie -- Low
Brian Eno -- Here Come The Warm Jets
Stooges -- Raw Power
Serge Gainsbourg -- Historie De Melody Nelson
PIL -- Metal Box
Lee Perry -- Return of the Super Ape

These are just a few off the top of my head that are better, we haven't even really got into the punk/post-punk stuff yet.

• Members

Hmmmm, not even close.

Funkadelic -- Maggot Brain. Eddie Hazel kills anything bluesy Gilmour ever did with a single track.

David Bowie -- Low

Stooges -- Raw Power

PIL -- Metal Box

These are just a few off the top of my head that are better, we haven't even really got into the punk/post-punk stuff yet.

I'll take Animals and the other 2 Floyd albums mentinoned over any of those ANY day. And while i love Funkadelic, no Hazel doesn't smoke Gilmour, sorry, but no...

• Members

Hmmmm, not even close.

David Bowie -- Low

Stooges -- Raw Power

PIL -- Metal Box

yeah and?

pink floyd is its own thing. and i and a lot of other people like it.

those albums may be better for some things... but its the whole package of floyd, the music, the playing, the production. and of course this guy is better at whatever than floyd. but no one is better at floyd than floyd

Archived