I Think I Just Got a New Job

theweight

• Members

Passed my second interview today, and I'm going in to meet with the president of the company to discuss salary later in the week. I knew this degree would pay off some day. Only problem is I have to work my way up from the beginning in a new place. Hopefully I'll have more money for gear now. I've been flipping stuff to fund my gas since I stopped working and focused strictly on school 3 years ago. Time for the wife to stay home while I start up on the 9 to 5 again.

• Members
Passed my second interview today, and I'm going in to meet with the president of the company to discuss salary later in the week. I knew this degree would pay off some day. Only problem is I have to work my way up from the beginning in a new place. Hopefully I'll have more money for gear now. I've been flipping stuff to fund my gas since I stopped working and focused strictly on school 3 years ago. Time for the wife to stay home while I start up on the 9 to 5 again.

Fingers crossed.

Good for you!

:thu:

• Members

whats the job?

It's an advertising/marketing strategist position with an interior design firm that does new builds for businesses. Essentially, I'll be strategizing sales pitches for the sales team to get hospitals and mostly medical buildings to let us decorate their new facilities when they build. It's a national organization, so most deals are done over the phone and contracted local to their areas. I'm hoping it's as creatively free as it sounds. My ultimate goal is to be with an advertising firm eventually, but I need solid experience before they even let me in the parking lot. Starting salary is going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $25,000, which isn't a lot. But cosidering my wife and I have made under $10,000 combined for the last 3 years, and have been paying a small fortune in child support to my ex, I'm not complaining.

Archived