Need help finding an effect to use.

formula2fast

• Members

I'm not familiar with the band in question (so take this with a grain of salt)

but typically, a stuttering effect can be had with a tremolo with a squarewave function on the LFO (so the signal is "switched" in an out..an all-or-nothing kind of theme)

Funny historical note -- back in the day when delays were fairly complex/expensive to implement...these sorts of tremolos were sometimes billed as "pseudo-echos" for their apparent repeating

[ed : oops! sorry for the X-post)

• Members

It is very possible, but I just didn't think so because I have a tremelo pedal and it is not producing the sound I want, however it should be noted that the DOD tremelo pedal I have is a piece of crap and doesn't sound good for anything. Luckily I got it free:)

The sound almost sounds like someone is turning the pickup on and off at a fast rate, but getting some sound decay and rotary sound from it. But I know it is not a rotary pedal (rotosphere or leslie) or any type of phaser.

Maybe I will check out some tremelo pedals ands see if they can give me what I am looking for. Any suggestions on which ones are good?

• Members
It is very possible, but I just didn't think so because I have a tremelo pedal and it is not producing the sound I want, however it should be noted that the DOD tremelo pedal I have is a piece of crap and doesn't sound good for anything. Luckily I got it free:)

The sound almost sounds like someone is turning the pickup on and off at a fast rate, but getting some sound decay and rotary sound from it. But I know it is not a rotary pedal (rotosphere or leslie) or any type of phaser.

Maybe I will check out some tremelo pedals ands see if they can give me what I am looking for. Any suggestions on which ones are good?

do you have a 2 pickup guitar with a voluem control for each pickup? if so, turn one pickup off and switch pickups fast...... is that the sound?

Archived