OCD sounds incredible with a tuned town guitar.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BTW:what happened with the Screw driver? I thought you loved that pedal

great for solos.. but i'm looking for an over all pedal for rhythem and solo..

i dont like the fuzz addative in the od at loud volumes..

its being sold, currently on hold for someone..

• Members

You can try Alan at Music Alley (205.988.3688). He hasn't had any trouble selling the OCD's so he may be out of stock. There was one in the display case when I was in there on Saturday. If he hasn't sold it he could probably get it to you by the weekend. I believe his last shipment consisted of v3's.

is that in alabama?

do they do free shipping?

• Members

Joni Mitchell did it...open G witht he low string down to G.

how brewtal is THAT!

I can tune over an octave down before the strings really start to get wobbly. I usually put a capo on the third fret to be in A# as most of my old stuff was written in A#... then take it off for the new stuff.

And honestly, the stuff I play with that guitar is more like Kyuss/QOTSA than, say, Metallica. I rarely use power chords. Mostly single notes, and full chords as I get higher.

Keeping it in tune and keeping the intonation right are a bitch without locking tuners, though. I could use fatter strings, or even light-guage bass strings, but honestly, this set of strings is the best feeling set I've ever used. Bends, vibrato, etc. are very comfortable.

• Members
I can tune over an octave down before the strings really start to get wobbly. I usually put a capo on the third fret to be in A# as most of my old stuff was written in A#... then take it off for the new stuff.

And honestly, the stuff I play with that guitar is more like Kyuss/QOTSA than, say, Metallica. I rarely use power chords. Mostly single notes, and full chords as I get higher.

Keeping it in tune and keeping the intonation right are a bitch without locking tuners, though. I could use fatter strings, or even light-guage bass strings, but honestly, this set of strings is the best feeling set I've ever used. Bends, vibrato, etc. are very comfortable.

A whole octave down is mighty impressive :eek:

The lowest I've tuned anything down is a C (for an open C) and it wasn't possible to get it in tune... course, I use 10s, so...

Kyuss and QOTSA = :)

And hey, Metallica is cool too. 80s Metallica :thu: .

• Members
A whole octave down is mighty impressive
:eek:

The lowest I've tuned anything down is a C (for an open C) and it wasn't possible to get it in tune... course, I use 10s, so...

Kyuss and QOTSA =
:)

And hey, Metallica is cool too. 80s Metallica
:thu:

Yeah, but I don't profess my metallic nature too often on this forum, lest I be persecuted by all the metal haters. (I guess overdriving a Fender amp to the point that it produces metal-like distortion doesn't count :rolleyes:)

I'm like 3 semitones away from being the same tuning as a bass. So why not play a bass? Hard to shred on one. And even though I have a REALLY nice bass (a '67 Rick, which is also tuned way down), a guitar just feels more comfortable and playable to my hands.

Now go listen to some Electric Wizard and tell me that ain't some good {censored}. :)

• Members
I like the sound (and feel) of my Strat tuned down to Eb, but it doesn't really intonate perfectly that way. Pickle, what version of the OCD are you using, and how do you have it set?

version 2. ive got the pass switch on hi pass, the gain all the way up, volume matched to level of clean tone, and the tone somewhere between 12 and 3 oclock- depending on guitar/ amp.:)

Archived