OCD sounds incredible with a tuned town guitar.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i guess so. but seriously, it sounds like a different pedal. for realsies.
:)

I normally tune to Eb but I do have one guitar that I tune down to C with... I think with the strings so low and loose it just changes everything. After I play tuned down for a while, tuning to normal A-440 pitch just sounds too bright and plinky.

• Members

I normally tune to Eb but I do have one guitar that I tune down to C with... I think with the strings so low and loose it just changes everything. After I play tuned down for a while, tuning to normal A-440 pitch just sounds too bright and plinky.

yeah, i have a feeling ill be moving to thicker strings and tuning to Eb mostly (to avoid a death metal tone) and get a lot more use out of the OCD.

• Members

yeah, i have a feeling ill be moving to thicker strings and tuning to Eb mostly (to avoid a death metal tone) and get a lot more use out of the OCD.

Eb is my favorite tuning... it's a little bit deeper sounding and the strings feel a bit more pliable than normal tuning but it doesn't sound like instant brewtal gain rawk tone.

E-flat all the way! :thu:

• Members

Yea keep pumping my GAS for it..

I wish the tunnel music would get theirs in.. i was hoping to have one by the end of the weekend.. for 2 shows. but.. ugh..

it really is a great pedal. ive owned atleast a dozen gain pedals, but within the first 5 mins of playing the OCD i knew it was special. but not in a short bus kinda way.

it responds significantly different with every guitar, amp, even tuning. it sounds better with some amps than others, but i could tell it was a keeper just to see what it would do with amps i get in the future. im glad i accidently discovered the way it sounds with down tuned guitars.:)

• Members

where did you order yours from?

I really need to get one before the weekend. we have 2 pretty big gigs.. and i have some songs arranged with two gain stages.. and its going to sound bland and stupid without light od..

I mean i could roll off the volume, but its still not the tone i want for the low gain stage.. ugh.. Musictoyz is starting to be tempting..

• Members

it really is a great pedal. ive owned atleast a dozen gain pedals, but within the first 5 mins of playing the OCD i knew it was special. but not in a short bus kinda way.

it responds significantly different with every guitar, amp, even tuning. it sounds better with some amps than others, but i could tell it was a keeper just to see what it would do with amps i get in the future. im glad i accidently discovered the way it sounds with down tuned guitars.

Do you know what version of OCD you have? (v1, v2, or v3) I used to have a v1 OCD and it was cool but ultimately I found that the Box of Rock was better for my needs.

• Members

where did you order yours from?

I really need to get one before the weekend. we have 2 pretty big gigs.. and i have some songs arranged with two gain stages.. and its going to sound bland and stupid without light od..

I mean i could roll off the volume, but its still not the tone i want for the low gain stage.. ugh.. Musictoyz is starting to be tempting..

i actually got mine from fat sounds guitars, here in raleigh, NC.

and it can do the OD thing as well as light distortion (all subjective terms, but i gather were on the same page)- but tuning down... i swear it sounds like higher gain somehow. when you get yours try it out tell me what you think.:)

Archived