Menatone King of the britains pedal

woodylong

• Members

I have been looking for some sounds clips before i buy one of these pedal. I know menatone make good stuff. Can anyone help

If I remember they have a webpage you can look up for sound clips. There is a video demo of the KOB at Toyz:rolleyes:

of the old version, works for me.

• Members

how's the low end response? is it capable of handling/responding to dropped tunings without getting muddied? i suppose if the eq section is sensitive to adjustments it might facilitate in that, though. perhaps the 6 knobs allow for some versatility?:D

• Members

The 6 knob has treble/mid/bass controls, as well as 2 gain knobs, and then a master volume. If you want it to sound like a marshall and can't get what you want out that pedal, then you must not have wanted to sound like a marshall in the first place.

• Members

The Menatones were the pedals that left the strongest impression with me from NAMM. I have a TBiaC on order, then will probably be trying the Workingman's Blue or the KOB next. These are very well thought out and killer sounding distortion pedals.

Alrighty- what does the 'Voice' knob on the KotB do? Also, does it have an acceptable noisefloor? - I thought the 6 knob KotB was a bit noisy even with medium gain, and lacked a solid unity bass.

-Ben

• Members

Alrighty- what does the 'Voice' knob on the KotB do? Also, does it have an acceptable noisefloor? - I thought the 6 knob KotB was a bit noisy even with medium gain, and lacked a solid unity bass.

-Ben

Solid unity bass? :freak:

I guess I don't think the 6 knob is noisy at all...cranked marshalls aren't exactly quiet in the first place.

• Members

I guess I don't think the 6 knob is noisy at all...cranked marshalls aren't exactly quiet in the first place.

That's true about the actual Marshall amps for sure. But there are plenty of Marshally pedals that had 1/2 the noisefloor of the KotB that sounded really good as well. Just askin' questions here, not trying to ruffle your feathers.

-Ben

Archived