delay repeats lost in reverb

sjaltenb

• Members

hey guys i noticed something wierd today.

first off i always play with my reverb cranked to the max on my classic 30. i just do cuase i like it. but for some reason i had it off today and noticed how much more clearly i could hear my repeats.

now im not using my effects loop due to lack of sufficient funds to buy more cables...so im guessing maybe thats the problem.

anyone have any suggestions?

Also...my amp's reverb is super noisy, is it just reverbing the noise i have or are some of them just really noisy???

thanks

• Members

One of my favorite tricks is to set a long, sort of "stuttering" delay into some really thick, washed-out reverb. You really do lose any sort of hint of the repeats, but what you get is just this long, seemingly endless cloud of reverb. Also, the stuttering nature of the delay adds lots of movement to the reverb, so it's not just a constant pad-like sound. You get volume fluctuations and more texture.

• Members

the problem is im wondering how i can fix it... will putting the delays in the loop help? i want to be able to hear the repeats more

I don't think so - if the loop is post-reverb, you'll be delaying a heavily reverbed signal (mud). If it's pre-reverb well you've done nothing different.

Turn down your reverb. Too much of a good thing loses it's impact, IMO...

Archived