good octave pedal?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

okay, well I know virtually nothing about octave pedals other than I have heard them used for some pretty cool sounds that I liked... I don't want one of those octave/fuzz two in one pedals... just clean octave... mainly for use in ambient stuff, would hit the octave for tapped melodic parts now and then... just to add a little something

what's out there? what do you use?

• Members

I'm not really sure, both I guess. but go ahead and recommend either, so I can look 'em up

If you just need octave down, the Boss OC-2 works just fine, and the Danelectro Chili Dog is a cheap knockoff of that if you don't want to spend a lot of money.

For octave up and down, the Foxrox Octron is great, and with a new version coming out the older ones should be available for cheap on the used market.

Personally I think just octave down is fine, the OC-2 actually does one and two octaves below, and with both on you can get some really triple octave riffs when playing up on the higher frets.

• Members

None of the analog octavers will work with chords.

Well they'll work, just not well and it will sound like ass.

As for tracking, the OC-2 I used to have tracked just fine. Unless you're pulling some Malmsteen meedly meedly {censored} I can't imagine having any problems.

• Members

Well they'll work, just not well and it will sound like ass.

As for tracking, the OC-2 I used to have tracked just fine. Unless you're pulling some Malmsteen meedly meedly {censored} I can't imagine having any problems.

meedly meedly stuff isn't even where the problem lies. It probably does that well (I don't play as fast as malmsteen, but i can play fast enough for me, really).

The problem with the OC-2 lies in open strings, and then of course 2 notes or more at once.

• Members

meedly meedly stuff isn't even where the problem lies. It probably does that well (I don't play as fast as malmsteen, but i can play fast enough for me, really).

The problem with the OC-2 lies in open strings, and then of course 2 notes or more at once.

Ah, I guess I never used it for open strings, just for single note runs, which I guess it about all its good for then.

I'm kinda curious about this guy now:

pearloc07001qf3.jpg

Although I think they cost more than the Octron, so I might as well just grab that if I need octave up and down.

• Members
Ah, I guess I never used it for open strings, just for single note runs, which I guess it about all its good for then.

I'm kinda curious about this guy now:

pearloc07001qf3.jpg

Although I think they cost more than the Octron, so I might as well just grab that if I need octave up and down.

there's one with a 179 BIN on ebay.

Archived