Fuzz pedal for Stoner rock

Looseygoosey

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i know i might ask about a whole bunch a' weird stuff, but to the guy who has the GH100L top, and others who own it (or the GH50L off course): Do you think it sounds too modern for some of the more old school kind of stoner? like the First Monster Magnet, Sleep and stuff?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

By the way, as many of you might know, i just bought a Laney Klipp 100 watt'er from '74, which i love. Do any of you, who owns this one use it for the genres mentioned in this thread? (Stoner, Doom...) and if so, how is your settings?

Here's a little picture: 1001883nz3.jpg

• Members

I know ot's not polite to ask and it's also non of my business, but:

how much?

Also some clips of the meathead through it would be cool;)

Off course you can ask 'bout that. i gave, what in danish money equals - 796 dollars. that's a good price i guess. i bought it off of some old hippie, who didn't know anything.

Sure. But i'm still waiting to recieve the Meathead.

• Members

Well, I play kind of a stoner/doom/heavy psych-stuff and I cannot recommend any settings to you but I find the distortion on the Klipp channel to be way too mild for my tastes and somehow it doesn't work with any dirt box I currently have (Rat2, Mxr Distr.+, Ibanez MS-10, Ram's Head Muff clone, Zoom Ultra Fuzz). So instead I run my RAT2 into the clean channel one and just dial in what I like. And hell yeah, I like it!

Setting the volume all the way up to where the power tubes start to break up just a lil' bit helps too. But I have ONLY (well, yeah...) 60 watt version of the Klipp...

By the way, as many of you might know, i just bought a Laney Klipp 100 watt'er from '74, which i love. Do any of you, who owns this one use it for the genres mentioned in this thread? (Stoner, Doom...)

• Members

How's the ultrafuzz for heavy stuff?

Well, I find it not that good for that but I am sure someone will disagree. It works for leads and stuff for sure but for chords and riffs it lacks some depth/low end thickness.

• Members

Well, I play kind of a stoner/doom/heavy psych-stuff and I cannot recommend any settings to you but I find the distortion on the Klipp channel to be way too mild for my tastes and somehow it doesn't work with any dirt box I currently have (Rat2, Mxr Distr.+, Ibanez MS-10, Ram's Head Muff clone, Zoom Ultra Fuzz). So instead I run my RAT2 into the clean channel one and just dial in what I like. And hell yeah, I like it!

Setting the volume all the way up to where the power tubes start to break up just a lil' bit helps too. But I have ONLY (well, yeah...) 60 watt version of the Klipp...

Okay. cool. i really love it's dirty channel. but i'll recieve a Meathead soon, then i'll try it with that one.

I don't understand how you find it mild.. hehe. i think it's quite brutal, if you turn the "klipp" all up. but i don't know

• Members
Okay. cool. i really love it's dirty channel. but i'll recieve a Meathead soon, then i'll try it with that one.

I don't understand how you find it mild.. hehe. i think it's quite brutal, if you turn the "klipp" all up. but i don't know

Is the Meat Head a clone/copy of another Fuzz ? :confused:

. . . or is it a brand new voicing ?

Cheers
;)

Archived