Hellbabe Wah

Brenner

• Members

a long time ago in a bedroom far away...

a mate of mine broke my crybaby whilst borrowing it. Now I am not a big wah user anyway, i just like to screw around with it now and then, but i doubt i'd leave it in my signal chain or record much with it. I've been looking at the hellbabe as a cheap replacement but I have heard certain issues surrounding it. So...

How small is the sweep, 'really'? Ive heard reports of not having much 'swing room'.

The knobs and jacks on it...how realiable are they?

Is it a 'safe' product to mail order or should i make sure i am getting one that isnt borked by going instore?

• Members

a long time ago in a bedroom far away...

a mate of mine broke my crybaby whilst borrowing it. Now I am not a big wah user anyway, i just like to screw around with it now and then, but i doubt i'd leave it in my signal chain or record much with it. I've been looking at the hellbabe as a cheap replacement but I have heard certain issues surrounding it. So...

How small is the sweep, 'really'? Ive heard reports of not having much 'swing room'.

The knobs and jacks on it...how realiable are they?

Is it a 'safe' product to mail order or should i make sure i am getting one that isnt borked by going instore?

Never had a problem with one.Got one when they first came out.Still use it as a demo.Sold over 40 of them.No returns,no complaints.Demo'd next to a crybaby classic,Fasel,and 95,the behringer sold.Works with bass too.

Not my favorite wah by any means but not a piece of {censored} either.IF ya liked the sweep of your crybaby you should be fine.JUst READ the instructions for setting up the on/off time etc,it is a switchless wah.

• Members

In my current situation(student) getting another cry baby just isn't an option. I've used cheapies like the digitech rp100 before which to me was worse than owning nothing so i sold it. So i'm just really interested in things that make or break the product. The "not a piece of {censored}" comment is reassuring and enough to sell me on it, as by my story u can tell I am not a huge or serious wah user.

However, this 'switchless' thing doesnt sit well with me, can you explain more about it? Are you saying I can't just have a standard 'on' and 'off' mode at all?

Archived