zz top fuzz tone?

outstanding

• Members

pretty doubtful they were even used.

The guy is a master BS artist when it comes to his equipment and has been for a good portion of his career.

Yeah, The Reverend has been lying about his tone for years. I can get that tone easily on a single humbucker guitar and no effects, it's how you hold the pick, how you hit the strings, where you pick and how you set the tone control on the guitar. I'm not going to tell you exactly how, work it out for yourself, I did.

• Members

I think it's important to note that Billy owns one, or mulitples, of everything worth owning. The gear isn't important, it's his playing style.

I know on the early ZZ records, he used lots of little amps, Fender Tweeds, etc.

And virtually everything you read about what he uses is refuted somewhere else. He probably used an Expandora (or 6) once and never used it again. He buys multiples of Analogman gear.

{censored}balls, I wish I had Billy Gibbons' cake!

• Members

Billy Gibbons from the Guitar One Interview March 06 on pedals and devices.

"We're also entertained by the fact that we're excited about new gear. You can play three chords as long as you want, so long as some pedal or attachment, some signal-path-modification unit, comes along to keep it fresh. It becomes a rather interesting excursion, twisting and turning and changing that which was into that which could be."

Archived