WTF with the new Rats?

• Members

I just picked one of these up the other day and have since set it back from whence it came.

First of the all, all of the knobs had to be maxed out just to get anything, and I mean anything, beside a stock DS-1 tone. And there was no volume what-so-ever.

The second thing that really chapped my ass was the fact that on the bottom of the box was a very small white sticker proclaiming this little nugget--->MADE IN CHINA.

All I can say is WTF has happened to ProCo a once famous maker of cables and effects right in my own backyard.

For shame ProCo, for shame. And I was so hoping that this was going to actually be a good effect.:(

• Members

I just picked one of these up the other day and have since set it back from whence it came.

First of the all, all of the knobs had to be maxed out just to get anything, and I mean anything, beside a stock DS-1 tone. And there was no volume what-so-ever.

The second thing that really chapped my ass was the fact that on the bottom of the box was a very small white sticker proclaiming this little nugget--->MADE IN CHINA.

All I can say is WTF has happened to ProCo a once famous maker of cables and effects right in my own backyard.

For shame ProCo, for shame. And I was so hoping that this was going to actually be a good effect.
:(

Buy an FKR

• Members

Man, you had to dime everything. If you turned the Filter knob down all you got was a hot trebly mess and not in a good way.

I knew someting was amiss when I failed to find Kalamazoo, Michigan right under the input jack. So it would appear that sometime in the last 2 years they have sent production overseas to save a buck or two and make a crap product.

Archived