Octavizer pedal?

2mcuh2soon

• Members

Shouldn't it be called an octividizer? an octavidator? a sub-octivider? I don't remember...

Short answer: yes it'll do that but don't get your hopes too high. It's not like having two good guitar players playing unison or one octave up. It does sound artificial...

I've tried the brown Boss (don't remember the model; OC-1 anyone?) but it doesn't track very well. I presently have the Digitech Whammy; some of the presets track better than others.

I'll let other forum members talk to you about Eventide, POG or other devices...

• Members

Driving home today I was listening to Nazareth's Hair of the Dog and wondering if the guitar was double-tracked or if it was one guitar with an effects pedal of some type. Didn't really sound like a Page double-tracked guitar so it got me thinking.

Only thing in my limited experience I could think of was an octavizer pedal.

• Members

The POG tracks really well, but I'll still never use it as a guitar+bass or 12 string guitar sound, there's still too much delay with the circuitry. It works awesome for faux organ and synth tones, and that's why I love it.

Chances are, if you hear decent harmonizing with guitars it's been double tracked (think Orion). If it sounds crazy and whacked out, it's probably a harmonizer (think Owner of a Lonely Heart).

Archived