Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Jbrazz

• Members

+1

Id like to see that.

the only pedals i know he uses are the proco rat, pog, digitech whammy and roland space echo.

he also uses a fender hot rod and deluxe reverb, but i saw him live and he had a bass amp too.

but through out the whole show he never picked up a bass, and there was on one else playing with them.

he uses the pog to get those bass sounds but does he play it through both a guitar amp and a bass amp?

can you even do that?

• Members

He's said a lot of the wackier sounds are him running a Zoom RT-123 through his stuff. That song is from Show Your Bones, right? They have an extra guy that plays extra guitar parts and synth on that album.

Sounds like you could hack that sound with a POG, vibrato, aan half-cocked wah, though.

• Members

My drummer's girlfriend is so into them. I only saw them play Letterman, but never really checked them out. What's a good song to start with?

everything

you really cant pick a bad song.:thu:

they are one of the best live bands ive seen since flaming lips.

• Members

My drummer's girlfriend is so into them. I only saw them play Letterman, but never really checked them out. What's a good song to start with?

If the Letterman song was Y Control, then that is a good start.

My favorites are Black Tongue, Y Control, Maps, and Modern Romance from the first record.

On the second one, Cheated Hearts, Mysteries, and Turn Into.

• Members

That's seriously off. I was just watching Turn Into (I've got it downloaded) right before I read opened this thread.

It definitely sounds like a weird 50's organ, so I'd say that yeah, he uses the POG. I'd also bet on a Leslie or Leslie sim being used, so I'd say Collapse was pretty spot on with the vibe. I'd say he was spot on all in all. You could definitely do that with the aforementioned setup. It'd probably sound pretty awesome with a Rat going into it, too.

• Members

bleh i've heard 1000's of riffs just like that. Originality is a rare thing expecially in rock music

Shrug. I just thought it was funny. Musicians have been stealing and rearranging from each other since music was invented, and I really don't have a problem with that.

I love Paul's Boutique, for example.

Archived