How to get that Dimmu Borgir sound?

• Members

Hello my friends.

Wel, i was in need of a synth, so i bought this Korg Midi keyboard. Now i need a good soft synth to it. Im into melodic black metal...The synth need to create atmosphere, melancolic...you know. I was thinking of something simular to Dimmu Borgir. Wel, do you guys have any idea of what om talking about here?hehe...do you have some syths to recomend?

It cant cost me more then 200 dollars.

• Members

Buy Wheresgrant's Korg X5DR module: he sells it for 175$ shipped.

You'll get that "Enthrone Darkness Triumphant" sound perfectly, as it was the synth used at the time (and still used on the new album I believe). For more of the later albums sounds (PEM, DCA), try to hire an orchestra for 200$.

• Members

Yeah X5D-R is the way to go for that price its pretty much exactly what you need. Mustis uses Tritons + still the X5D keyboard to this day. EDT is pretty much all stock presets stacked into combi's.

I personally use Tritons + XP-30 + softsynths for my sound in the band Veneficum. On the new one coming In Sorte Diaboli I believe Mustis is using some softsampler libraries for the orchestration... might want to look into that as GPO can be had for $200

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Garritan-Personal-Orchestra-2nd-Edition?sku=708211

Archived