Headrush E1 vs E2

• Members

Hi-

Do you E2 owners find it easier to get a seamless loop on the E2 than with the E1?

I know that all good things take practice, but I have been trying out my roomate's E1 along with some records, and I can never get the loop to stay in time (really, my problem is that I can never turn on the loop just at the right time).

Does the E2 fix this problem, or am I better off with an RC-2/20/20XL?

Thanks!

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi-

Do you E2 owners find it easier to get a seamless loop on the E2 than with the E1?

I know that all good things take practice, but I have been trying out my roomate's E1 along with some records, and I can never get the loop to stay in time (really, my problem is that I can never turn on the loop just at the right time).

Does the E2 fix this problem, or am I better off with an RC-2/20/20XL?

Thanks!

-Tim

This is the same problem that I had with the RC-20. The loop closure would always be slightly off causing a timing glitch in the loop playback. I finaly sold it and decided to design my own looper that would time the loop to my playing and not my foot. Check out RiffBox below.

• Members

Its not the pedal, it's you, looping takes practise, but I could get seamless loops with an E1 and a RC20.

Yes, but it is just one more thing to have to learn and worry about. Why not take that issue away and just worry about your playing?

• Members

hey backline, does your looper use a quantize feature similar to the boss series or do you have to set up a specific loop length before you start. i'm curious as to how it works. even with preset loop lengths it seems like user error is still going to occur.

• Members

Yes, but it is just one more thing to have to learn and worry about. Why not take that issue away and just worry about your playing?

If it works for you then that's fine, for sure. I also used a PDS8000 at the time as well, so the Headrush seemed like a step up in terms of predictability.

The most forgiving looper I've found in terms of blurring the edges of the loops is the ZVex LoFi. Of course, if you really mess it up, you still really mess it up.

• Members

hey backline, does your looper use a quantize feature similar to the boss series or do you have to set up a specific loop length before you start. i'm curious as to how it works. even with preset loop lengths it seems like user error is still going to occur.

What it does is to effectively listen to the notes and/or chords that you play. For example, press the footswitch, and loop recording will start on the next note that you play. Later, press the footswitch again, and loop playback will begin on the next note that you play. As you can see, the entire loop is timed to when you play notes or chords.

It can also operate like a standard looper, timed to when you press a footswitch. Or it can do unique things like start loop playback after you play 4 chords, or when you repeat a rythm pattern, or when you play a given note for the second time, or when you repeat a sequence of notes etc.

• Members

I have been using my headrush for about 8 years. it still works flawlessly and it is you who needs to practice your timing. Once you get the hang of this pedal it will never leave your board. It is far and away one of my favorite pedals ever.

Quantize is for chumps.

• Members

Quantize is for chumps.

I agree. The Boss RC-20 had a quantize option where you try and time your playing to a click-track that you could not hear all the time. That was more difficult that timing the loop to a footswitch press.

Archived