Behringer SLOW MOTION - Quick Review

• Members

Picked one up with some other bits at a shop last week and thought I'd give a quick response.

I've owned 3 or 4 Boss SG's and traded them or sold them so I'm very familiar with the original.

The Sens and Attack controls perform very well and make it very easy to tweak to your own style of pick attack or set for different attack responses.

I struggled to hear any sound colouration, very possibly it added a touch of brightness but I found it so subtle that I couldnt swear that it did add any.

Dead quiet, no new or strange noises anywhere and by the nature of the pedal, it has a gate effect anyway.

If you like Bright LED's then the Ultra-Bright LED here will keep you happy.

Not true-bypass but despite 'rumours' this is not always a bad thing. No noticeable tone suckage here.

Build quality is plastic and it does feel crappy, for the money I dont expect anything more though. If I was reliant on this in the set, I would more than likely bring a spare, solely because of build quality.

Summary: I actually found it preferrable to the original Boss soundwise, certainly if the Boss has ever interested you, do not hesitate to buy one. I'm gonna rehouse this and will end up with a fantastic pedal that cost next to nothing.

• Members

Thanks for the review...I've had my eye on one of these for a little while, but have heard some sketchy reviews of B's pedals in general...Have to look one up...Did you buy offa the net? and where?

• Members

Q : does it retrigger on initial pluck attack?

I think that's one thing that can be a downer for a lot fo folks when they first try a slow-gear type effect - is the avg level detector to trigger an attack retarded gate suffers from "sustained-note-itis"

where a second pluck while the gate is open doesn't reset the attack

so there is that alteration to playing style which can be off-putting to some guys

The old WP-20G, being polyphic, was better about this, but I think it still suffered from that problem

I kinda like saladfingers

• Members

saladfingers is pretty cool, kinda reminds me of tool videos.

The Beh like the Boss does have its limitations but can still do really interesting cool stuff. The real point is that the Beh is f'ing great value and equals the Boss in terms of use and sound, although as mentioned, the plastic case is not great.

Ah OK, I'm assuming it doesn't retrick-on-pick?

Yes? No?

Sorry, I think the question got masked by me givng background info as to the "why ask"

I have not tried the Beh, but I have also owned a few SG's, and the trick is to do a very quick mute and then retrigger. If you do it fast enough (and it doesn't take much) , it tracks fine.

BTW, you can play chords and double stops with a Slow Gear - it's not monophonic. :)

• Members

I have not tried the Beh, but I have also owned a few SG's, and the trick is to do a very quick mute and then retrigger. If you do it fast enough (and it doesn't take much) , it tracks fine.

BTW, you can play chords and double stops with a Slow Gear - it's not monophonic.
:)

Spot-on Phil, that's pretty much the trick I use.

• Members

I have never actually played with a real slow gear but i have the volume swell on my DL-4, is this similar to the real boss one? i can also put my balance on my rv-3 on the reverbs right towards the effect which gives it a volume swell effect..that sounds pretty cool for ambient noise. how much do behringer ones fetch for?

Archived