Crackling Blues Driver

• Members

My brand spanking new BD-2 has this faint yet annoying crackle as a low chord fades out. I'm using it live as well as for recording, so the noise makes this pedal completely useless for me. This is actually the second one I've tried, as I replaced the first for the same reason (they're each from a different series/run, for whatever that's worth). I've tried different amps, cables, guitars, power sources -- everything. Basically what I'm wondering is is this normal? Do I have to get the pedal modded to correct the noise? If so, I'm pretty damn disappointed in Boss.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks fer reading

• Members

That is the sound of a stock BD-2...nasty splatty decay. Mod it. I did the Monte Allums H2O mod, changed all the ceramic discs to silver micas, changed most of the film caps to better types, and the crackle went away completely! The pedal is much richer and more natural sounding now, too! :thu:

• Members

Cool, thanks guys. I think I'm gonna stick with the BD2 and just get it modded. I really like the sound (I would love it without the noise of course). I think I'll look into the Keeley mod I've heard so much about -- gotta see what shipping is like from Canada though.

Thanks

Archived