Need info : Jen Mister Cry Baby bypass problem

• Members

Just got this at a garage sale for 15$...it's a Jen Mister Cry Baby, model 310.038, made in Italy, chrome rocker pedal...anyone got info about it ?

Here's the problem...the wha works and sounds good, but when I switch to bypass mode, the pot is still in effect, but instead of the typical wha filter sweep, the pedal acts like a volume...less volume with the heel down, more volume pushing the front down...

What can cause that problem ?

juin07016.jpg

juin07011.jpg

• Members

Just got this at a garage sale for 15$...it's a Jen Mister Cry Baby, model 310.038, made in Italy, chrome rocker pedal...anyone got info about it ?

Here's the problem...the wha works and sounds good, but when I switch to bypass mode, the pot is still in effect, but instead of the typical wha filter sweep, the pedal acts like a volume...less volume with the heel down, more volume pushing the front down...

What can cause that problem ?

suppose to do that

• Members

Yuppers. What you've got, for a measley $15, is a Mister Cry Baby wah-volume pedal. Don't change it. If you don't like it, flip it. The pedal should be left stock. Shoot, I'd give you double, sight unseen.;):D:thu:

• Members

Well, wadoyouknow ? a Wha and a volume all in one ! I really don't know shit about wha's and rarely, if ever use any... but I've been playing this one all evening and it just sounds great ! I love leaving it half way cocked trough a fuzz and wail away !!! :thu:

• Members

Oh, and please excuse my wha ignorance, but why is this Cry Baby made by an Italian company named JEN ??? Did Dunlop bought them out eventually and kept the Cry Baby franchise ???:confused:

BTW, with it's chrome rocker pedal, this is one sleek looking piece of gear:thu:

• Members

JEN was the primary Italian wah manufacturer for Vox. Dunlop started off as a pick manufacturer and bought up the Crybaby rights, tooling, and parts from the Thomas Organ Company liquidation auction in '81, and re-released the Crybaby in '82.:cool::thu:

• 12 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

actually I have the exact same pedal and this model is only a whawha, not also a volume pedal like the "mister cry baby super' wich is munch more easy to find.

this topic is the only source of information I've found on the web about this 310.038 model.

Surprisingly, mine (same model number) has a white/clear brown fasel. And to my hears, this wha is the best I ever tried (I've tried several dunlop, vox, morley and ehx whas)