Do you ever just buy shit that you don't need???

• Members

Today I placed a bid on this. Didn't win, and I'm glad. I'm sure that pedal's bad ass, but I've got enough dirt in my life now and I can't be randomly spending money on my GAS, at least not 'til payday. Still it's pretty annoying, sort of like having a crack habit is annoying...

Anyway, just thought I'd waste a little bandwidth on that little rant...

• Members

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

youre talking to us, right?

• Members

I started getting GAS for a strat about a month ago. my local shop (I have two, one is the Fender dealer right next to my office, way too convenient) had a nice Jimmie Vaughan strat, and I bought it a day later. Well maybe I did need it, but sort of an impulse buy. It's become my favorite guitar though. Love it. So I listen to my gas impulses now, they aren't all bad:thu:

• Members

I do that all the time... but its more of a "{censored} Im probably not going to see another one of those for a long time but I might want it later" thing.

Well that was my reaction to this auction. Specifically it was more like "Dammit, the original Blues Breaker OD's probably cost an assload more and I can just get this one for comparatively dirt cheap." Oh, well. I snoozed... and lost. Life goes on. :)

• Members

I just bought my 12th dirt pedal on friday.
Dont need it, had gas for a one though, it was cheaper than new.
I cracked my od/dist/fuzz sound already, i've got the exact tones i want! , i think.....

I bought a 1x15 cab last week too. Slightly nessecary, but not essential.

:rolleyes:

Thank god i can relativley control myself when i have no money, RELATIVLEY!

Help me :freak:

• Members

i'm so glad that i don't have any guitar/amp gas at present. there do exist some damn expensive pedals though, but they are cheaper than guitars/amps in most cases. but the thing is that you tend to buy them more often, just because they cost less.

• Members

Need.... ABSOLUTELY... Poptarts, soda, and some gear too. Needs and wants don't have be to associated with guilt. I have become totally guilt free from any and ALL gear related purchases, as I don't have to justify it to anyone but me. ;)

• Members

Same for her shoes right?

Haha...but you hit on a truth. A heroin addict and a shoe addict are succumbing to basically the same mental process/emotional patterns/neuro-chemicals...it's just that one is more socially acceptable than the other (although may be not in this case). I've long partitioned for the establishment of 'High Heels Anonymous'.

Moral of the story: if you have a naturally addictive personality trait, you're {censored}ed whether it's cigarettes or pedals...it'll never be enough. :wave:

• Members
I'm about to buy a fender twin, and I live in a apartment with thin walls and busybody neighbors. Why I do this???

When your neighbours ask the same question, I'd say...

"It's for repelling termite activity in the paper thin walls." ;):wave:

• Members

Yeah I'm getting second thoughts about it now. But I've always wanted one and now I got the money, but it seems a little excessive for my living situation. It would be great for gigs, but the band isn't ready to gig yet. But hell I still want it hehe.

• Members

Yeah I'm getting second thoughts about it now. But I've always wanted one and now I got the money, but it seems a little excessive for my living situation. It would be great for gigs, but the band isn't ready to gig yet. But hell I still want it hehe.

Just get a little 110 BF style combo with nice verb...it'll sound better at flat volumes anyway.

Archived