Did anyone else see The Police on Live Earth just now???

• Members
Thank you. John Mayer sucks and the fact that he was playing with the police and K.W. is again testament to whom his parents are. He's a talentless Hollywood lovechild whore and nothing more. A true hack, as is K.W.

That was absolutely AWFUL..... Sting was TERRIBLE. Even the drums felt forced. He's still stewart but that set was EMOTIONLESS. Wow, I really didn't expect it to be that bad.

BUT considering how crappy it was, its VERY fitting K.W. and John M. were present and accounted for... UGH!
:mad:

john mayer can play, he is not a hack. his harmony on some of his stuff is a little more sophisticated and he can favor odd ball voicings like george or eric johnson. he can cover something like axis: bold as love but he is never going to (or he hasn't shown it) crank anything and use brootal gain :) i don't find anything of his on fire, he is just not very intense to me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

{censored} mangs...

did any of you actually listen to kanyes rap?

it was actually relevant to the cause.

and anyone saying hes not a talented artist?

im not a big rap fan, but i love kanye west. 95% of the time hes not talking about the stereotypical rap topics (money, hoes, rims).

he is also an amazing producer. listen to his first 2 albums in order. tell me you dont hear musical maturation, tell me that {censored} aint gonna be classic in 20 years.

actually thats my challenge to all the haters, get college dropout and late registration. listen to them in order, read the lyrics, tell me you dont like it...

Sure, Kanye West is great and all, I'll go ahead and take your word for it, since I'm all but clueless about hip-hop, I'm just sayin' he didn't belong up there with The Police. That {censored} was just corny as {censored}.

And as for John Mayer, I'm not a fan of his "singer/songwriter" type stuff. But I totally respect him as a guitar player, and if there's any album I'd recommend of his, it would be "Try", the live one he did in a trio format. The whole band is just phenomenal. He needs to put out more stuff like that. :cool:

• Members
Sure, Kanye West is great and all, I'll go ahead and take your word for it, since I'm all but clueless about hip-hop, I'm just sayin' he didn't belong up there with The Police. That {censored} was just corny as {censored}.

And as for John Mayer, I'm not a fan of his "singer/songwriter" type stuff. But I totally respect him as a guitar player, and if there's any album I'd recommend of his, it would be "Try", the live one he did in a trio format. The whole band is just phenomenal. He needs to put out more stuff like that.
:cool:

thanks, all i have is _heavier things_ and _continuum_. i'll give that a try (no pun intended). those 2 are chick music imo (no kung fu here ) :)

• Members

The Police official blow now, because of STING. They should go back to hating each other. Did Andy Summer recently discover the power of the whammy bar? He hammered on that thing like no tomorrow. Stewart Copeland made some painfully awkward faces during their set.

Alicia Keys is {censored}ing hot now that she unraveled them braids. Should have done that 8 years ago.

• Members

ok, so I actually watched the video on youtube.

The whole thing sucked! The best bit was Mayer because they hardly showed hit and he was fairly inaudible. KW seemed like he had no {censored}ing clue about what was going on.

Archived