Did anyone else see The Police on Live Earth just now???

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

they sucked. period. that rapper should have been throw off stage immediatley. the whole band looked retarded except for John Mayer. and if it werent for John, they wouldnt have played Message In A Bottle. Andy Summers cant play that riff. Sting had Moog Taurus pedals though.

Let's see...

Junior Member status... check

Evidently doesn't know who the {censored} he's talking about... check

Replies to his/her comment by people who fell for his lame attempt at trolling... check

Nice knowin' ya :wave:

• Members

{censored} mangs...

did any of you actually listen to kanyes rap?

it was actually relevant to the cause.

and anyone saying hes not a talented artist?

im not a big rap fan, but i love kanye west. 95% of the time hes not talking about the stereotypical rap topics (money, hoes, rims).

he is also an amazing producer. listen to his first 2 albums in order. tell me you dont hear musical maturation, tell me that {censored} aint gonna be classic in 20 years.

actually thats my challenge to all the haters, get college dropout and late registration. listen to them in order, read the lyrics, tell me you dont like it...

• Members

I've been watching some of the concert via U-Tube, Metallica (fantastic 'Nothing Else Matters' intro by Kirk, like the Ouija board guitar!) and Spinal Tap were great. I loved the Police set, Driven To Tears especially, Andy Summers was really going to town with the guitar on that one.

The rap reminded me of a drunk invading the stage at a pub gig. It looked out of place over such a classic track - it should have been thought out a lot more, not ad-libbed with worn-out cliches. Maybe they're his cliches, I wouldn't know.

Edit>> I must admit I did spot his 'message' at the start of the rap about Leaders, perhaps that was the reason for his inclusion.

• Members
You're an idiot. Andy summers was playing the riff john mayer was just playing some chords from what I could see.

Thank you. John Mayer sucks and the fact that he was playing with the police and K.W. is again testament to whom his parents are. He's a talentless Hollywood lovechild whore and nothing more. A true hack, as is K.W.

That was absolutely AWFUL..... Sting was TERRIBLE. Even the drums felt forced. He's still stewart but that set was EMOTIONLESS. Wow, I really didn't expect it to be that bad.

BUT considering how crappy it was, its VERY fitting K.W. and John M. were present and accounted for... UGH!:mad:

• Members
Thank you. John Mayer sucks and the fact that he was playing with the police and K.W. is again testament to whom his parents are. He's a talentless Hollywood lovechild whore and nothing more. A true hack, as is K.W.

That was absolutely AWFUL..... Sting was TERRIBLE. Even the drums felt forced. He's still stewart but that set was EMOTIONLESS. Wow, I really didn't expect it to be that bad.

BUT considering how crappy it was, its VERY fitting K.W. and John M. were present and accounted for... UGH!
:mad:

What have his parents done?

John Mayer doesn't get a lot of love on the board but he's not a bad guitar player. To say he's a hack is an overstatement, it's not like he's tom delonge.

• Members

It's the same way with every type of music. There are fans of rap music who do not like the Kanye Wests and P. Diddys out there, just like there are fans of rock music who don't listen to Fall Out Boy or Panic At the Disco.

I actually almost brought this up when making my post, but I had to hurry to work. It just took me a while to realize it wazs just like rock music where the mainstream stuff isn't even close ot an example of what's out there otherwise.

• Members

The rap reminded me of a drunk invading the stage at a pub gig. It looked out of place over such a classic track - it should have been thought out a lot more, not ad-libbed with worn-out cliches. Maybe they're his cliches, I wouldn't know.

No, no. It's more like when your five year old niece gets on stage and you give her the mic just for laughs. You know she's jumpin' around and sayin' a bunch of nonsense, but yet she's taking it all seriously.

• Members

im not a big rap fan, but i love kanye west. 95% of the time hes not talking about the stereotypical rap topics (money, hoes, rims).

he is also an amazing producer. listen to his first 2 albums in order. tell me you dont hear musical maturation, tell me that {censored} aint gonna be classic in 20 years.

actually thats my challenge to all the haters, get college dropout and late registration. listen to them in order, read the lyrics, tell me you dont like it...

Nope, they won't give it a chance, even one listen. Grumpy old men.

• Members
what didn't you like about "uh, uh, uh, yea, yeah, I gota message in a bottle, send it to all-a-y'all, yeah, uh, uh, uh."
:confused:
?

i hate "pre-verse uhs" as well.its like audibly tuning real quick before a solo

• Members

Nope, they won't give it a chance, even one listen. Grumpy old men.

for one thing even if poopie's points were mostly true,you can still thing KW ruined a police performance because you didnt want to see him.it was just a gay idea i thought,it sounded like somthing a corporate spokesperson type would come up with,maybe something matt laur would decide stoned and on coke sitting on ted haggard.why do i imagine lots of corporate circle jerking surrounding the whole thing.

like i said earlier its wierd i didnt hear anything about darfur or whatever.I dont need the heart warming cause every time theres a concert.this sudden change is really just trying to cover asses in the long run i bet lol.but the people of africa are cool with it i bet its like this:

mambutu:hey we not gonna get da money dis year

habutu:ahahaha that ok that ok but why not?

mambatu: ahhhh but it was da global warming you see

habutu:ah yes yes da global warming i how i can forget dis.not a worry

mambatu: ahh but habutu,dey have the duran duran this time

habutu:WHAT!!! HOW CAN THIIS BEE!! ALLL WILL DIE!!

mambutu to other friend:habutu is very upset by this as he very much likes duran duran NEW HIT "RIO"

secondly,

as far as the grumpy old men comment goesi havnt heard anything from hip hop i thought was decent since say....liquid swords.i guess that does make me a geezer.besides i remember when sting was doing the stuff with puff daddy andy summers thought it was absurd or something like that.i agreed.

roger waters looked like a plumber kind of.but he had lumberjack legs.he looked like a plumberjack.

i apologize for ranting here again but the show gave me that "youve just been to the flea market " vibe.some of you guys might like that.

i think UB40 won

• Members

I was very annoyed at Kanye West coming on stage with the Po-Po. Totally ruined that song. Rappers should stay away from rock performances. Period.

That being said, Driven To Tears and Can't Stand Losing were great. I really enjoyed Summers' & Copeland's playing. Sting was ok too I just don't want to elevate his ego anymore.

Cursed be the day that Aerosmith & Run DMC recorded Walk This Way.

• Members
When are they re-airing it? I missed it. I saw Flea when they showed snippets on the news so I'd like to see the RHCP's.

You may wanna check Bravotv.com or LiveEarth.com for replays. I caught the RHCP's on Bravo and they were great as usual. :)

Archived