Zoom FP02 Vol/FX pedal application?

SlimPicker

• Members

Can I use the Zoom FPO2 Volume and Expression pedal as just a volume pedal by patching it in between my guitar and amplifier?

Is this an active or passive pedal?

If active, can it be used as just a passive volume pedal?

How does the expression aspect of this pedal work with other effects or just patched in between the guitar and my amp?

I've looked for specific information on the use of this pedal and its applications and have found nothing that answers my questions. I can buy a used pedal for $20 from an EBAY seller, but I feel better throwing my questions out to our forum first, before any decisions are made. All I really want is a decent volume foot pedal that ONLY changes the volume, but for $20 I thought it was worth looking into with you guys.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Slimpicker

• Members

As far as I know it only works with the zoom 505,505 II,or the 506?(bass)pedals.It has no input jack only a cable that runs to one of the above mentioned pedals.Now I asume if you had a zoom 505 with the FP02 you could eather turn off all the effects or bypass it and add it to you chain and just use it as a volume but I'd just get a volume pedal if I were you.Hope this helps.

• Members

Justin: I screwed up when describing the model number of the pedal I'm thinking of buying; its a Zoom FP01, not an FP02. Are there any differences between the two pedals? Since you mentioned that it has an input and an output jack, can I then use it as a volume pedal, patched between my Les Paul and my amp.?

Thanks again.

Slimpicker (Bruce)

• Members

The picture of the pedal shows on its front-side three jacks....l'd think that one is input, another output and the last one would be expression for the 500 series Zoom Effects. The Zoom website lists the FP02 as a volume- expression pedal, so maybe Justin is correct. Hell, for $20 I may as well take a chance. If worse comes to worse, I'll buy another jack and wire the pot for use as a passive volume pedal.

• Members

Go for it...I always thought the FP01 was just the old version of the FP02 cause I've never seen one for sale anywhere and its always described only as a vol/expresion pedal for the 500 series as well,but if you've seen the picture and it has input and output it might very well work on its own.

Archived