Sign in to follow this  
ReckedTrek

Boss CE5 Vs. CH1 Vs. CE-2

Okay, first question: I'm looking to get a David Gilmour sounding chorus pedal. Of the current new Boss pedals, the CE5 and the CH1, which is closest to the Gilmour chorus sound?

Secondly, whichever you think is better of the two, how does it stack up against a CE-2 (the pedal he used, but most likely had modded by Pete Cornish)? Close, but no cigar... pretty good... don't waste my time... what do you think?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

-David

I wasn't aware that Gilmour used the CE-2, but it makes sense because it sounds just like him.

CE-2 beats any of the new Boss chorus pedals hands down. I got mine for $40 off craigslist.

There is no comparison to the CE-2 and any of the crappy new Boss Chorus pedals.

I prefer the Ce-2b, because you can blend the clean signal, which is awesome.

....I prefer the Ce-2b, because you can blend the clean signal, which is awesome.

and it keeps a healthy low-end intact (as it was designed for bass). double thumbs up!!

There is no comparison to the CE-2 and any of the crappy new Boss Chorus pedals.

I prefer the Ce-2b, because you can blend the clean signal, which is awesome.

I have both, and agree. The CE-2 is a lush, subtle chorus with a really warm feel to it, almost like it's barely there but spacial. The CE-2B can go anywhere from light detpth to full on vibrato, with great frequency selection in addition to the blending feature. Remember, Perry Bamonte and his Gibbo ES-335 would do that sparkley Just like Heaven chorus solo live on the 1st gen CE-2B.

So you use the CE-2b on guitar? Never thought of that. If I can try one out, I will. Otherwise, I'll have to track down a Ce-2 on the used market. It looks like the Japanese version (black label in particular) is prefererred over the Taiwanese version. Thank s for the input on this!