Carl Martin Delayla XL ?

gambit

• Members

send up a review and some clips when you get it!

will do. i'll probably record my other delay pedals for direct comparison too. (a marshall echohead, echo park, and DE-7.)

I want people to hear how the echohead violates the echo park up the wrong 'un even on it's tape mode which has no parameter control, it still has more character than the echo park.

considering my setup the echo park is going to go, and i think i'll have the delayla running in parallel to my EH-1/DE-7 combination. four delays, in parallel pairs. juicy. :thu:

another question about the Delayla - the remote input for using external; tap tempo.. does this register your actual tap or does it maybe half the tap you are inputting?

• Members

I tried it a while ago and was totally bummed. The sound was awesome. Really, I was floored, I loved it. Then I discovered you couldn't kick in the slap back independently, it could only follow the normal echo. Then I discoverd there was a terrible bleed. No clock noise, but low volume repeats coming through. Terrible. :cry:

• Members

I tried it a while ago and was totally bummed. The sound was awesome. Really, I was floored, I loved it. Then I discovered you couldn't kick in the slap back independently, it could only follow the normal echo. Then I discoverd there was a terrible bleed. No clock noise, but low volume repeats coming through. Terrible.
:cry:

hmm, that sucks about the bleed through. was it the XL version or the original delayla? the XL is supposedly true bypass, so it shouldn't bleed at all should it?

so the slap back is in series after the main delayed signal? i guess you could set the tempo shorter for the main delay and just use the 'slap back' repeat as the main (prominent) delay couldn't you?

• 12 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived