Rack newbie...

Runenees

• Members

Hi!

I was wondering if someone could explain to me exactly what I would need if I wanted to control my amp channels and pedals with a midi board so that I could make bottom 1 turn on some pedals and use one of the channels and bottom 2 do something else and etc...

Hope you can understand what I mean...

• Members

What amp? What gear do you have right now?

My rig is set up in this fashion.

Amp (whatever you have)

Midi loop switcher (GCX, GRX4, Switchblade, etc...)

FX pedals (whatever you like) pedals go in the loops, and you can turn the loops on and off with midi

Rack FX (whatever you want)

Midi to amp controller (switches amp channels - some loop switchers do this function as well)

Midi footcontroller (midi mate, ground control, MFC5, FX-1, FCB1010) there's tons, but they all don't have the same features

889131469_5f70f9748f.jpg

889131323_851ab1645e.jpg

889130875_aa8dc17536.jpg

• Members
What amp? What gear do you have right now?

My rig is set up in this fashion.

Amp (whatever you have)

Midi loop switcher (GCX, GRX4, Switchblade, etc...)

FX pedals (whatever you like) pedals go in the loops, and you can turn the loops on and off with midi

Rack FX (whatever you want)

Midi to amp controller (switches amp channels - some loop switchers do this function as well)

Midi footcontroller (midi mate, ground control, MFC5, FX-1, FCB1010) there's tons, but they all don't have the same features

889131469_5f70f9748f.jpg

889131323_851ab1645e.jpg

889130875_aa8dc17536.jpg

So you have something that controls your pedals, something that controls the channels in your amp and then you connect it to a midi board?

• Members
J, where did you get that rackshelf? and which Lexicon is that?

And also what is the box next to your tuner?

I'm in the process of building a rig similar to yours, yours looks great! I bet it sounds ace too!

It's and SKB shelf...look at penn for alternatives

Lexicon MPX G2

The box connects to the MPX G2 and contols tap tempo and effects blocks

It sounds very good to me..:cool:

• Members

So you have something that controls your pedals, something that controls the channels in your amp and then you connect it to a midi board?

Yessir...the GCX will control pedals and the amp, but you give up the number of loops for pedals then.

• Members
Yessir...the GCX will control pedals and the amp, but you give up the number of loops for pedals then.

I didn't quite get that last one... could you explain? :)

I noticed you have a Crunch Box, I looked at that once - do you like it?

• Members
I didn't quite get that last one... could you explain?
:)
?

Voodoo Lab GCX is a midi controlled loop switcher, and can also control amp functions if your amp has 1/4" footswitch inputs...I'd suggest reading up more on how this works...check out the voodoo lab website...the manual is there...tons of routing configurations

I noticed you have a Crunch Box, I looked at that once - do you like it?

It's a great Marshall sounding pedal. I use it for Marshall style leads and have it set to boost my signal.

• Members
Voodoo Lab GCX is a midi controlled loop switcher, and can also control amp functions if your amp has 1/4" footswitch inputs...I'd suggest reading up more on how this works...check out the voodoo lab website...the manual is there...tons of routing configurations

It's a great Marshall sounding pedal. I use it for Marshall style leads and have it set to boost my signal.

okay i'll do that - thanks for the info :thu:

Archived