There's nothing in this thread.

• Members

If nothing else, then just for the graphics! I thought that the prototype I saw had some cool looks going for it. I really liked the big letters that were on it.

Besides, if so many people love the BoR so much, I can only imagine the greatness that's going to come out of this one. My only fear is what the amp forum guys will have to say about it.......

• Members

Zach, since it sounds like you're bored, I'm looking for someone to make a custom switcher for me. Anyone you'd recommend? I emailed Analogman with what I needed and got back what read like an auto reply.

I'm looking for something pretty specific and can't find it already made anywhere. What I need is:

A single box with the following:
A/B switcher (with leds for A and B and one switch)
single loop selector (input, loop out, loop in, output)
The trick is, they need to be separate circuits, just housed in the same box.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

It's coming.

Here's a note I got today from Nels Cline, Box of Metal Beta-tester, who is touring with Wilco and generously set me up with tickets and backstage passes last night in Minneapolis:

Zack -
It was wonderful that you and your comrades could attend the show and marvelous that you enjoyed it. As for the BOM, it still blows me away. As for "use" I have already determined that it will be a staple of my setup with improvisors/my own music, and I will probably buy one for the Wilco setup when they are available. I just played with it during soundcheck here in Omaha today and MAN OH MAN does it rule! Besides the sickness I can perpetrate on the world with the gate settings, it is a splendid distortion unit - something hard to find these days, in my opinion. Most are germanium-style fuzzboxes, not DISTORTION: rich, creamy, SICK. Your Octane has some of these qualities. (When I send you The Singers second disc called THE GIANT PIN, there is a song called "Something About David H." that is basically a Fuzz Factory/Octane III workout by the end...)

And really, thank you so much. Your pedals have been a boon and an inspiration.

best, N

• Members
Zach seeing as you're bored, how feasible is it for me to replace the chipped knob on my fuzz factory given that I live in the UK?

I'm never bored. :bor: Please check this page on my website for mods and parts info:

http://www.zvex.com/website/mods.htm

You'll need to identify the knob type by number from the pictures there.

There's an email addy for the repairs department at the very bottom of that page.

Archived