Anybody gotta Rat Deucetone?

dacat

• Members

I liked what i heard of clip on proco site, and wonder what anyone thinks of this pedal.

The Rat 2 or whatever is always mentioned, but this pedal seemed more varied and fuller sounding. If GC has it in stock I guess I could get it and if not pleased, I believe you can return it within a week or so?:wave:

• Members

I liked what i heard of clip on proco site, and wonder what anyone thinks of this pedal.

The Rat 2 or whatever is always mentioned, but this pedal seemed more varied and fuller sounding. If GC has it in stock I guess I could get it and if not pleased, I believe you can return it within a week or so?
:wave:

this was just me, but the deucetone turned me off due to the complexity of it. call me a n00b, whatever but i just didn't need all that flexibility. the robert keeley modded rat on the other hand was what i liked: simple and good fuzz/distortion.

if you like to fiddle around with things, it should be up your alley.

• Members

The Rat 2 or whatever is always mentioned, but this pedal seemed more varied and fuller sounding. If GC has it in stock I guess I could get it and if not pleased, I believe you can return it within a week or so?
:wave:

I have one, bought it a few years ago.

It is basically several Rats in one box. You have two on/off switches that activate one of 3 Rat models each. The on/off switches are close enough to each other, that you can turn them on/off at the same time when you step on them. You could set up one side for crunch (rhythm) and the other for louder, more gain lead. If you use a clean amp, you'll get 3 channels at independent volumes, plus an additional sound by having both Rats on at the same time (cascading).

Amp clean, step on left turn on for crunch, step on both to turn crunch off and lead on etc.

I like Rat pedals because they sound good with any amp, and can go from mild crunch to total over the top gain.

Having played an old 80's Rat, this one sounds just as good. All Rat pedals need careful tweaking of the knobs. That is a feature as it gives you a lot of tonal varieties.

Archived