New music...

I Am Chris

• Members

get some Zappa, man.

also, I'm really into ESG (the girls, not the rapper). Try some CSS, too.

ah yes, if you're not already into them, Bad Brains is always new.
and he's an old geezer by now, but Idris Muhammed's stuff is top notch.

• Members

Although this isn't really my genre of music, I thought it was pretty good. A bit boring at first, but then it kicked in nicely. Good vocals, and the recording seemed very polished. I could see this on the radio if it isn't already. I would have liked to have heard more from the guitars cutting through the mix, but it could be my crappy pc speakers.

• Members

Not really my style (and a lot of guys... don't make every song sound like you are talking to a girl) but it sounds good. The voice is good but during the verses, it comes off as a little cheesy to my ear. I loved the vocals when they get going, but the first couple of verses suffered from this. Also... the guitar solo... it's not really a solo, because the focus is really on the vocals. Give the vocal guy a break and really play a solo... make it scream (in a rock way, not a cheesy metal kind of way). The voice can fade into it towards the end for the same exact finish.

• Members

Not really my style (and a lot of guys... don't make every song sound like you are talking to a girl) but it sounds good. The voice is good but during the verses, it comes off as a little cheesy to my ear. I loved the vocals when they get going, but the first couple of verses suffered from this. Also... the guitar solo... it's not really a solo, because the focus is really on the vocals. Give the vocal guy a break and really play a solo... make it scream (in a rock way, not a cheesy metal kind of way). The voice can fade into it towards the end for the same exact finish.

ummmm....solo? where?

Archived